"Call us now for prices" if I wanted to call you, I wouldn't be looking on-line

(47 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 19:05:42

It just annoys me!

KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 21:57:36

photos on profile blush

Trills Thu 20-Sep-12 22:00:18
Tryingtothinkofnewsnazzyname Thu 20-Sep-12 22:01:05

I picked up some brochures yesterday for idle browsing of cruises, so I'd be annoyed to find pricing not available online. And I hate having to do this stuff by phone.

For cruise experts hanging around, what's the best cruise provider if you're taking under 5s? Or would I be best to wait till can do it as couple-only?

Trills Thu 20-Sep-12 22:01:19

Wow, love the drawing of the dress, that's cool - do you/DD make them?

KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 22:04:10

I adapt rather than make - I made the pink/black, the white was an ebay dress I ripped the top off & put a new top on - but I've replaced that top with a third top now.........to be jewelled

KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 22:06:14

A very nice client designs for me

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 20-Sep-12 22:10:35

A lot of the online cruise sellers are actually run by the same company. I have a friend who works from home for one of them (can't say which but it's been mentioned fairly early on in this post). When her phone rings she gets a short message telling her which company the caller has dialled so that she knows how to answer.

It's not a brilliant job - she has to be parked in front of her computer for 10 solid hours a day, often more due to admin, and has to record every break she takes, even if she nips upstairs for a wee. She gets 30 minutes for lunch and 2 x 10 minutes "comfort" breaks - any more and she gets pay docked. Pay is usually late and commission takes 3 months to come through. So no wonder they really try to hook you in when you get through on the phone.

Startailoforangeandgold Thu 20-Sep-12 22:12:15

Skip hire firms, shity bastards.
We'll tell you the price if fill in a stupid long registration form or ring us up.

I don't want to do either. I want to know how much. I'll give you my post code because none of you are very near, but you don't need my whole fucking CV.

IamtheZombie Thu 20-Sep-12 22:17:22

Katy, your DD is gorgeous!

KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 22:20:21

I have to be honest Zombie, I agree with you

We are always grateful she got my brains & her dad's looks wink

She thinks she will be a star; and I think she could be right (unless she changes her mind)

QM2 is the dogs. Go to New York, no, come back from New York, get the boring flying out of the way first. Hopefully going again next year. Can't wait smile

IamtheZombie Thu 20-Sep-12 22:27:10

Oh, and you and I have the same taste in books, films, music and TV. I am a fair bit older than you but we could have been sisters! grin

Not that I think you have bits dropping off, mind...

KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 22:30:36

No my bits aren't dropping off, just seizing up (joints mainly) although I've had cystitis for 3 weeks & 2 loads of antibiotics now.

I just got a new Mercedes Lackey <squee> I can't wait

I don't think I have updated recently but DD & I are about to do a movie marathon.......Musicals!! - are you that way inclined too?

If you like NCL have you had a look at Royal Carribean? Fab ships with lots to do.

We have DS who is 2, so go P&O for the night nursery. But when he's older its surf machines all the way!

IamtheZombie Thu 20-Sep-12 22:35:46

Musicals, yes. Preferably from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I grew up with My Fair Lady, Carousel, The Student Prince, Oklahoma, Flower Drum Song...

Grease came later. grin

I never knew there was a cruise topic! Thank you Katie!

And thanks to my darling Dad, we are all off on a Disney cruise for half term. Gonna start my own thread on that one.

Zombie sounds like you have some excellent advice smile

KatyMac Thu 20-Sep-12 22:43:15

Yep there is a thread I am getting ideas from for us to watch.........

I want to show her Fred, Ginger, Cyd etc so she really understands dance

Royal Caribbean seem a bit expensive

KatyMac Fri 21-Sep-12 20:42:18

I was all set to ring NCL

& they were closed

IamtheZombie Sat 22-Sep-12 13:02:08

Have you given them a try today, Katy?

KatyMac Sat 22-Sep-12 14:20:31

Yes & booked

Squee!!!

IamtheZombie Sat 22-Sep-12 14:55:20

YAY!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous time. grin

KatyMac Sat 22-Sep-12 17:33:31

We intend to try very hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now