Cruise for 4 - any suggestions?

(10 Posts)
veryworriedmum83 Tue 26-Jul-11 12:34:38

I would like to cruise with my 2 children (7 and 10) next summer...any suggestion? special fares for children?

Thanks in advance! smile

LikeACandleButNotQuite Wed 27-Jul-11 00:58:55

I rekon the Disney Cruise would be the best with kids - Carribean and Mediterranean. Think they're pretty expensive tho, but would be a 'once in lifetime' experience

I've done med cruises pre-dc, so obv no experience as a parent in the situation, but all the cruises I went on had children's clubs and heaps of activities going on for them. Shop around, look in newspaper ads too, lots of deals and discounts to be had wink

Curiousmama Wed 27-Jul-11 06:24:52

We enjoyed Ocean village.

chicaguapa Wed 27-Jul-11 06:57:44

Royal Caribbean have some good prices for their Med cruises in August 2012. We are looking at one at the moment. £1400 for 2 + 2 for a week in an inside cabin plus the costs of flights to Spain. It's a great price for the summer holidays.

divinemum Wed 27-Jul-11 15:36:11

I've cruised in the med with MSC fantasia. I chose msc because my children could cruised for free smile
the kids clubs are very nice and run until 11pm. the kids have lots to do and it allowed my husband and myself to enjoy our cruise wink

fluffy123 Wed 27-Jul-11 18:12:24

I went on an NCL cruise 2 years ago and that was really good for families. We are of on a Disney cruise next week , my children are 11 and 12.

veryworriedmum83 Thu 11-Aug-11 11:31:28

thanks to everyone!

In these days I have seen two interesting promotions:

1) royal caribbean - they give us £100 on board spend per cabin (it means that if i book, i get a voucher, right?)

2) msc cruises - they give us £100 on board spend for each child booked (in my case i should receive £200 smile ) and the children pay only tax and flight

what do you suggest? has anyone booked for royal caribbean or msc yet?

thank you smile

mimiasovitch Tue 16-Aug-11 22:27:34

Hi. we've just come back from a cruise with Royal Caribbean and had the most amazing holiday. The kids loved the kids club which left us free to play every eveningsmile. We all preferred the caribbean as a destination too, as the ports of call had lots of fun, beachy, watery stuff to do, whilst the med ports we did were less fun for the children (who were admittedly younger and whingier at the time). I haven't tried MSC, but my parents go on at least 2 cruises a year, and they recommend an American site called vacationstogo for much better rates than going direct to the cruise provider. I'm already searching for 2013 and my 40th birthday present (if I don't choose it...)

AndreaDawn Sat 20-Jul-13 21:27:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now