I need to rave about our holiday

(6 Posts)
Ladymuck Tue 26-Apr-11 16:43:30

First of all that I need to declare that I discovered Mumsnet (over 10 years ago!) because of the review for things such as travel systems when I had no idea what they were. And Mumsnet has guided our holiday decisions over the years:- from Bedruthan Steps to Mark Warner to Mousses, Lefkas, you get the idea. Even our childfree escapes to Whatley Manor were courtesy of Mumsnet recommendations.

We've just come back from a 13 night cruise with Royal Caribbean around the Eastern Med and Israel, and it was fantastic. Fab entertainment and provision for children, plenty available for adults, a great itinerary covering Etna, Athens, Galilee, Jerusalem and the Dead Sea, Ephesus, Naples (Pompeii), Crete and Rhodes. The kids clubs were great, well staffed and with lots of interesting activities and workshops. The main dining room and formal dining was also a positive experience for the kids with staff who paid attention to detail. We've come back feeling drenched in history and geography, and all having had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Loads of family time together on port days and at dinner each night, but also a chance for something with peers as well.

Just a though for anyone struggling with where to go or what to do. We'll definitely be booking again.

usualsuspect Tue 26-Apr-11 16:44:49

I never knew there was a cruise topic

ArtyJennie Tue 28-Jun-11 14:38:36

Hi Ladymuck,

You live locally to me i believe (i was asking about schools a while back - ridgeway , royal russell etc)

I'm going on a RCI cruise in Aug with dh and dd(almost 4) and am sooooo excited!

I've cruised before with a friend (before i met dh) and absolutely loved it. We went on a Thompson ship - so not as good (upmarket) as RCI looks.

I'm really hoping dd likes the kids entertainment - as it'll be nice to have a bit of grown up time. How old are your lo's and did they want to go to the kids clubs willingly?

What were the cabins like?

Glad you had a good time!

lucjam Sat 02-Jul-11 14:17:40

Hi both of you

Yesterday I booked a med RCI cruise for August leaving from Southampton, wonder if we will be on the same one?

It's terribly expensive so I hope its worth it!! Very excited, not too long to go. Am apprehensive about it being really overcrowded and there being lots of queueing for everything????

Oooh, I'm on a RCI cruise in August leaving from Barcelona. Anybody else?

lucjam - they are worth it. You'll have a fab time. Are you on Independence? Friends of our cruised on her last year and really enjoyed it. We're going on Brilliance from Barcelona in August mainly because we get to stop at Ephesus and Naples (pompeii) :-)

We've cruised before but this will be the first time with the kids. Kid's club looks good so hoping that they enjoy it.

ArtyJennie Mon 18-Jul-11 16:06:03

Hi again,

Looks like we are all on different ones then- we are going on Adventure of the seas. Not long now- i'm so excited I can't stop googling it and looking at u tube clips.

Don't worry about them being overcrowded lucjam- they ships are sooo huge - there is always a quiet place to be found. I think the main buffet can sometimes get busy at peak times (mainly lunch) but you can avoid that if you want by going to another restaurant/avoiding peak/free room service etc.

let us know how it all goes - we can share stories!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now