considering a cruise with 15mo

(5 Posts)
newmummy2lucas Thu 06-Jan-11 15:56:22

We need a holiday! And are considering a cruise as can't see our little one who will be 15 months by the Easter hols enjoying a beach hol so thought a Caribbean cruise would be good as he will still be free as under 2. Am slightly concerned about the long flight and also read on other posts that they can't use the pools? Any thoughts on if he is too young and would be a nightmare or any good cruise options much appreciated thanks

justwaitaminute Sat 15-Jan-11 21:28:04

I don't think there are any cruise lines that will allow a child in nappies to use the pools (health and safety) also you need to bear in mind that there is nothing for children to do on cruise ships apart from the kids clubs and at 15 months there are few that will accept him/her in the day time. Cunard would but they won't be in the caribbean at easter. Having said that it depends on your dc, I cruise with my children and love it, I've just come back from caribbean QM2 (DC's 7, 5 and 6 months) and we had a fantastic time, the flight was fine although obviously there is a big difference between a 6 month old and a 15 month old with regards to wanting to move around. it really does depend what you want, i'm not convinced it would be that relaxing for you, check your cruise companies out though, some will take him/her in the evening giving you a break, other not until they're much older

justwaitaminute Sat 15-Jan-11 21:29:39

just to add about the pools, both cunard and p&o (haven;t cruised with anyone else) generally do have splash pools that babies can use, just not swimming pools

Curiousmama Sat 15-Jan-11 21:32:06

Have you thought of Ocean Village? Been on 2 of theirs but only in the med. Very relaxed though but they do have a posh restaurant. We loved them.

Lala241280 Mon 07-Feb-11 15:31:27

Have you looked at Royal Caribbean cruises, I am a travel agent and would not go past them .
any info you need just contact me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now