Do I need to take beach towels?

(10 Posts)
geordieminx Wed 28-Jul-10 09:29:33

Thats it really - we are off on a Royal Caribbean cruise in a few weeks, and it suddenly occured to me last night that I dont know whether they will provide towels for pool etc?

Anyone know?

Many Thanks

MummyWithA1Family Thu 29-Jul-10 04:45:36

I always took some. Never saw any pool towels on board (never went with RC though). They're handy for using on sunloungers too.

Oh I'm so jealous I love cruising but since having my DS I can't afford a cruise. Have a great time.

MickyLee Thu 29-Jul-10 05:50:33

Hi, As i have worked onboard ships i think i can answer your question.

The ship will have towels to use for beds onboard but they are quite small and passengers have to search from them. Take your own. Also you will need them for any beach stops. The ship will have a laudary service which will be taken and brought back to your cabin.

Hope you have a great time.

Where are you cruising round?

Rockbird Thu 29-Jul-10 07:44:09

<nosy> Where are you off to? I'm doing a transatlantic crossing next week. No one here ever seems to go on ships so I have to grab cruise-mates where I find them!

geordieminx Thu 29-Jul-10 08:51:21

we are cruising round the med, leaving from barca, begining of sept. Its our first cruise, dh, ds(3) and i. We are so excited.

MickyLee Thu 29-Jul-10 10:06:50

Wow.. Have a fab time x

RaisinHell Fri 30-Jul-10 10:09:05

Have sailed on Royal Caribbean 5 times, they do provide beach/pool towels. They are large, bath sheet size and they are easy to get and change. There are towel stations at the main pool deck, you just take what you need. You can change them as much as you like when they are wet etc, just drop them in the used towel bin and get fresh ones. There would be nothing to stop you taking them ashore if you went to a beach. I wouldn't waste packing space taking my own. Your DS will have a ball! The kids club for 3-5 year olds on Royal is brilliant, when my son was 3 we could hardly get him away from the place!

geordieminx Fri 30-Jul-10 10:21:06

Ooh is there anything else you could tell me Rasin?

We know absolutely nothing about it, and are starting to stress that we;'ll get things wrong/will miss things/wont register for things at the right time etc etc blush

geordieminx Sun 01-Aug-10 09:34:19

Bump for raisin.

nannyl Thu 12-Aug-10 21:35:39

P&O provide towels for the bathroom and (different coloured) towels for use by the pool that you are allowed to take for the ebach as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now