PPI claim

(5 Posts)

A colleague who worked for a bank has encouraged me to look into claiming PPI - I'd not bothered for years assuming it wasn't worth the hassle. I was wrong! A 5 minute phone call and 10 minutes filling a form and I've been offered over 4K on PPI sold on a loan going back 20 years.

I was always cynical about this and tbh., not even sure I'd been misold but I'm not going to break my heart over getting money back from a bank.

If anyone hasn't persuaded a claim then please do think about it. We're in a tight spot and this is going to make a massive difference.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Oct-16 20:23:26

Oh well done! That's excellent. I hope things get better for you now.

Thank you! The tight spot is self inflicted as I'm in the process of going self employed so this will help massively 😊

SauvignonPlonker Thu 27-Oct-16 18:51:26

That's great! Can you tell me how you went about it? Did you check with the company direct? Or use one of the services which charge a commission? I'm not sure if I even had PPI but DP thinks he did as a student, 20 + years ago.

Sorry only just seen this I've been away. I just called the PPI claim number for the bank, explained that I didn't know if I'd had PPI on old loans. Was put in hold for maybe 2 minutes then he came back and said I had- posted some forms (could've answered questions on phone but preferred forms), took 10 mins to fill forms then about 7 weeks to get offer.
I'm going to try my old credit card provider too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now