SELL SELL SELL!

(17 Posts)
JenLindleyShitMom Mon 19-Sep-16 18:30:24

I have a growing collection of stuff I have been intending to sell for years some time now. It's all sitting in my spare room and wardrobe getting in the way and pissing me off. It's a mix of baby clothes/toys, consoles/games, crafty stuff, adult clothes,

I have a day off tomorrow and I have to stay in for a delivery so I've decided to dedicate it to sorting through what is there and getting a start on listing it.

The money will be going towards Christmas.

Does anyone want to join me in clearing out their unwanteds and making a bit of Xmas cash?

Ohb0llocks Wed 21-Sep-16 10:57:22

Yes!

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 13:25:58

Oh yay! A joiner!

I got fuck all done yesterday BTW! grin I'm now off work with a tummy bug. That's my punishment for being lazy yesterday.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 21-Sep-16 13:28:32

I've already started! grin

So far I've sold an old laptop with a broken screen, two winter coats, some unworn shoes & quite a bit of DD's old clothing.

Next stop, the cupboard under the stairs! shock

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 13:30:11

Go you!!

Out of interest, how much does a laptop with a broken screen fetch? I have some broken stuff too! grin

Fortunatepiggy Wed 21-Sep-16 13:33:46

Where are you selling your stuff

I've had enough of eBay. Any other options?

FlouncingIntoAutumn Wed 21-Sep-16 13:36:56

I'm a major clutter bug and have decent clearing phases.

I'm just into quite a prolific one, it's proving a significant bit of Christmas finance pressure relief. I'd like to join to help keep me on track as the enthusiasm drops.

My advice would be don't overpressure yourself. Make a rough list of all the stuff you have to sell. Then mentally order by approximate value. Working from the highest value item aim to advertise just two items a day, every day. Somedays you'll get more done but don't do less - even if they're really bad, brief ads without photos, just get it listed and hopefully revisit to improve but something is better than nothing.

When your enthusiasm really starts to dwindle look at stuff you could group into job lots or consider a charity shop run. The positive feeling of clearing some space has quite a bit of value too.

I'm a keen ebayer as my first choice point of sale. It suits me to send via the post office and use Hermes drop off so I'm familiar with prices.

I've decided that it's just not worth my effort messing with things under £5 value. There's as much communication, packaging, addressing and trips to the postoffice as for something that's £100.

If I can't bundle lower value stuff, these go to the charity shop. I have such a huge pile of stuff that I can afford to make this decision and still not clear everything.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 13:37:55

fortunate I'm going to try gumtree and local FB selling pages. Agree, eBay is a load of hassle nowadays.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 13:40:14

Thanks for the tips flouncing.

^^we have a pro on board! grin

FlouncingIntoAutumn Wed 21-Sep-16 13:43:39

Pro clutterbug - i have an idea for my next name change

woowoowoo Wed 21-Sep-16 13:43:39

I'm in! I've started with clothes. Listed on eBay. Aim to do some new listings every day.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 13:49:11

Pro clutterbug! Love it!

LMGTFY Wed 21-Sep-16 13:57:16

Me! I have a mountain of it in my dining room! I've been meaning to not only do this but start a thread on it for ages however I'm better at procrastinating than anything else!

Fortunatepiggy Wed 21-Sep-16 14:26:06

I've tried listing on gumtree and Facebook but clothes don't seem to sell well on there. I have about 50 designer shirts that my dh is too big for now. Loads of phase eight dresses and clothes brand new with tags never worn! Oops

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 14:33:38

Oh really fortunate that worrying. I wonder where else there is to sell clothes. I know my cousin sold some baby clothes on a site called depop but I don't know anything about it.

woowoowoo Wed 21-Sep-16 18:18:27

I have been finding that clothes sell quite well on eBay, especially brands.i have been using auctions...it's free to list for private sellers all September. I find if you do buy it Now, they can take ages to shift. I have not been getting as much for my clothes as I would like but money is money.

You can sell vintage clothing and accessories on Etsy. I have sold some on there but they take ages to sell. I too have heard of Depop for selling clothes. I've registered but have no experience selling these as yet. I think it is aimed at a younger crowd and is app based.

Does anyone have experience of Depop?

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sun 25-Sep-16 01:18:40

I need to join this too, I have around 5 bin bags of stuff to sell in various places around the house. None of high value so a bit of a faff. Hopefully will get started on monday - all day to myself and all caught up on housework/washing/coursework so no excuse!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now