Your favourite way to track spending?

(7 Posts)
BzyB Sun 28-Aug-16 11:01:17

I used to be amazing at this but dropped the ball a few years ago. A few half hearted attempts at it over the last 3 years but DP never used it so was a bit pointless and frustrating!
Now I want to start again from sept 1st and can't decide how to do it. i have this weird perfectionist thing about it too.
Any apps worth investigating? Or notebook as good as anything else? ( which may send me into a day of pinteresting to find the perfect layout.... I know it's ridiculous and I've no idea why I feel the need tk do it!)

BzyB Sun 28-Aug-16 11:02:00

And no DP anymore so I can do it properly with no one else to blame!

FuzzyFairy Sun 28-Aug-16 14:00:41

Try YNAB. It's basically a glorified spreadsheet but it's really changed the way I save and spend my money. You can get the free trial and make up your own spreadsheet using the same principals if you don't want to buy the full thing. Personally I like using the package as it's more "fun" than just excel x)

Bluecarrot Sun 28-Aug-16 16:43:42

I already have YNAB and just didn't gel with it well enough sad esp don't like it now it's subscription based!

Maybe I'll give it one more go now it's just me needing to fill it in....

I just strayed into Pinterest and bullet journals... Luckily my toddler woke up from nap before I got too absorbed!

BlueFolly Tue 30-Aug-16 18:43:41

Definitely YNAB. Took me a couple of goes to get the hang of it, but it's great.

Thecatsmum Mon 19-Sep-16 16:12:08

Spending Tracker is a nice app to use, if you have a smart phone have a look at it.

WhoisLucasHood Wed 21-Sep-16 21:22:26

I've tried tons of apps. Old school excel spreadsheet for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now