Iceland overcharged me by a tenner

(5 Posts)
Middleoftheroad Fri 20-May-16 00:08:30

Got to the till and the cashier said my bill was £38. Paid with 4 ten pound notes. In car park unpacking I thought it seemed pricey. Read receipt and it said £28, paid with £30. Went back in store and my cashier had clocked off. Luckily she was doing her own shop. When I told her, she didnt seem surprised and admitted to making mistakes all day and went to get amanager. Manager said they would have to wait until they cashed up at 7pm to confirm and took my number - even though the cashier openly admitted she had overcharged.I wasn't happy as its a 4 mile round trip for a tenner.

7.55pm and no call so I rang Iceland customer services who said they would email the store. Today a different manager from the store left me a voicemail to say the till balanced out and was not over, but he was happy to talk and that my original cashier would be back in tomorrow so we would know more. I called back, only to get a deputy who then told me the till was a tenner down. Confusing or what. I said I would wait for the manager to call me tomorrow.

Will I ever get my cash and why is this such a rigmorol? What would you do now? It's the principle. Also, it's based on a cashier who has admitted to mistakes so the till balance is based on that! Fed up that a big organisation would be so crap. Tesco has always been good if ever there has been a goodwill gesture with home delivery.

Really disappointed in this faf and peed off as I know what happened!

SnookieSnooks Fri 20-May-16 19:11:55

Try tweeting them..... In my experience when normal phone calls, emails etc don't work, this does

MarthaMonkeynuts Fri 20-May-16 19:14:02

Sounds like she pocketed your tenner, that's why the till balanced. Tell iceland you are calling the police!

SnookieSnooks Fri 20-May-16 19:19:40

Good idea.... You could tweet that you're calling the police. That will get a response guaranteed

Middleoftheroad Sun 22-May-16 12:42:38

Thanks all. Liked the idea about the police.
I ended up calling main number again as the store didnt call me back. Threw my toys out of the pram and after some resistance they said they would give me £10 (my 10!) As a goodwill gesture. The cheek!
Had to go in yesterday where the irginal manager (who was there when the bloidy cashier even admitted to overcharging) begrudgingly gave me the cash - as two fivers, and a sneer! What a bloody palavar! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now