supermarkets

(5 Posts)
diamondmoon Mon 16-May-16 15:01:14

Where do u all shop? Do u really save money not using Tesco or Asda?

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 16-May-16 18:41:24

We were always sceptical about giving up asda but we get so !much more for our money at aldi and its our nearest supermarket we do sometimes pop into asda sains n tesco for bits

chanie44 Mon 16-May-16 21:38:07

We've been shopping in aldi/lidl for years and it has definitely saved us money. It takes some getting used to, but you could try buying products where the brand doesn't matter eg eggs, tinned tomatoes, pasta/rice.

Also;
Iceland - we stock up on frozen veg, which is always handy to have

Home bargains - for toiletries.

Greengrocer- I'm a recent convert and the quality is great - you get loads for your money.

QforCucumber Mon 16-May-16 21:40:25

Aldi - definitely see a difference, went to 24 hour tesco as aldi was closed a few weeks ago, I got overwhelmed by all the choices and spend about £30 more than a usual weekly shop.
We do still use heinz salad cream and ketchup as aldis own don't seem to match up but everything else is aldi. Everything is cooked from scratch and their continental meat selection is fantastic!

NickyEds Tue 17-May-16 16:20:18

I'll probably be thrown off mn for saying this but I'm not a huge fan of aldi! I've found it to be a bit hit and miss on quality tbh so at the moment I'm doing a mixture of aldi, butcher and morrisons. I always think know that people, who claim to save a fortune must be switching from Sainsbury or Waitrose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now