How can I make an extra £1000 this month?

(8 Posts)
KateBeckett Wed 11-May-16 17:08:34

We've had to go into my overdraft due to unexpected car issues... And could really do with making it up ASAP as I will be going on maternity leave in 5 weeks.

Can't get another job as I already work 2 and as stated will be going on maternity leave soon...

Apart from that, any ideas welcome!!

TheoriginalLEM Wed 11-May-16 17:14:40

sell stuff? overtime? can your dp take on some more work? couple of boot fairs?

avocadosweet Wed 11-May-16 17:26:21

Massive car bill on mat leave here too - so we're going to host language students, it pays quite well. You need a spare room or get the DC to share though.

BettyOctopus Wed 11-May-16 17:27:40

Matched betting, very easy to make money, there's a video explaining it here http://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=5979

Sgoinneal Wed 11-May-16 17:29:21

eBay clear out? It only works once in a blue moon but if you've got some high priced items in good nick you can part with it's a good way of making money and decluttering.

Chocolateteabag Wed 11-May-16 17:37:39

Change your current account? Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert site but Coop look like best with £150 on offer?

In fact check MSE for more advice in general - their forum section is pretty good

Chocolateteabag Wed 11-May-16 17:39:15

Have a look to see if you can get a credit card on 0% to try to limit the overdraft?
DONT use it to take out money though as that usually isn't covered by the 0% deal

Chocolateteabag Wed 11-May-16 17:40:03

I know you don't want another job but could you manage any babysitting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now