Anyone fancy sharing budget recipes ?

(8 Posts)
Wineandcheases Sat 12-Mar-16 10:52:33

I like to cook ( most of the time ) and we saving for a holiday . So trying to keep food bill down but still make decent meals . Would anyone like to share recipes . I'm particularly keen on Vegi meals for health reasons

Our fav is veg lasania . I make the red sauce and instead of mince add red lentils

BackforGood Sun 13-Mar-16 00:42:16

If you are on Facebook, search 'Feed you Family on About £20 a week' for daily recipes and money saving tips.
Some lovely stuff on there and usually very simple to make.

Blondie1984 Sun 13-Mar-16 00:44:59

The Jack Monroe website is also very good

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 18-Mar-16 21:49:51

French onion soup. Bag of onions, stock from a cube, splash of sherry if you have it. Serve with bread of choice - cheap and so satisfying.

dementedma Fri 18-Mar-16 21:57:29

Tonight we had veggie roast. Loads of finely chopped or grated veg - red and green peppers, onion,celery, mushrooms, courgette, tin of butter beans ( prefer cannellini). Fry them all off for about 10 mins to soften. Add 6oz breadcrumbs and 4oz mature grated cheddar plus 2 beaten eggs. Mkx together and season well.Top with another 2oz each of cheese and breadcrumbs and bake. Cheap,filling, tasty.

Wineandcheases Sun 20-Mar-16 12:57:22

The beg roast sounds lovely

ivykaty44 Tue 22-Mar-16 16:30:33

I buy rissotto rice from lidl, buy a couple or three boxes at a time as its handy to have in to use up leftovers by making into a rissotto at the end of the week. Mushrooms, fish, green veggies etc

Which can mean putting off going to the supermarket an extra day.

Pesto I buy in bulk when on offer, again added to pasta and using frozen vegetables it's another meal from the store cupboard and making extra you can use the extra for packed lunch the next day.

I try and buy food for a week and then eat store cupboard food the last two days - this stretches the trips to the supermarkets to 8-9 days and less trips means less spending.

AdoraBell Thu 24-Mar-16 15:32:01

A blog I like is Penny's recipes. Lot's of low cost ideas on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now