Warm Homes Discount - just been invited by power compnay to apply for this winter's payment

(7 Posts)
dippingmytoeinagain Wed 22-Jul-15 09:27:47

Thanks to someone on MN, last year I applied and got the £140 Warm Homes Discount from my power supplier. I've just had an email from them telling me I can apply for this winter's payment. I just wanted to flag this up so that anyone else who is eligible (or who thinks they might be) can put an application in...

Here is a link to some general info www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get

Hope this is helpful smile

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 22-Jul-15 17:42:29

Good idea. Different suppliers have different criteria too so it's worth a go.

RabbitSaysWoof Thu 23-Jul-15 10:02:14

Thanks just submitted my form to British Gas. Quick and easy to follow the links. smile

Wotsitsareafterme Wed 29-Jul-15 12:14:08

Thanks for this - so confusing whether I'm eligible but will apply anyway

iamaboveandBeyond Thu 27-Aug-15 17:33:26

Bumping this as i've jsut done my application

AugustRose Thu 27-Aug-15 17:40:22

I received this last winter through EDF, it is definitely worth applying for. I thought they would just add it to my electricity account and lower the DDebit but I got the whole amount in a refund to the bank the week before Christmas, that was a very welcome surprise.

ilovechristmas123 Mon 31-Aug-15 20:03:54

im with Eon applied in July and they sent me a letter 2 wks ago saying i would get the money in my Eon account in the next 2 months

i have had this the last 5yrs well worth applying for

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now