Please explain cashback sites and how they work

(6 Posts)
Madratlady Fri 18-Jul-14 10:15:52

I've heard people mention websites whee you get cashback for doing your online shopping through them or something like that. Could someone explain them to me? How do I use them? What sort of things could I get cashback on?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Jul-14 15:06:16

It's a bit like a search engine, say I want to buy a tv in currys, I'd put currys in the search box and it would bring up what % I'd get back on the sale.

It's usually online only you do have to read the T&C on each transaction eg some wont accept sales made on a tablet computer.

Insurance and satellite tv are the biggest payers. If you return an item you won't get the cashback.

You need to register and log bank account details with them, quidco has been a bit patchy recently, tcb pays out faster ime.

Don't forget clicksnap, shopitize and checkout smart apps too. It all adds up over the year.

Madratlady Fri 18-Jul-14 16:40:06

Thanks smile

LadyKooKoo Mon 21-Jul-14 16:02:08

Topcashback have an app too where you take a photo of your receipts and it will give you money back. 20p for a bag of rice for example.

PinkAndBlueBedtimeBears Tue 12-Aug-14 16:19:27

lady where is this on topcashback?! I've never seen it...?!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 12-Aug-14 18:46:58

bookmark it because I can never find it either

Quidco clicksnap is good at the moment too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now