Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Cheap gardening tools/fertiliser/plants?

(11 Posts)
Gen35 Sun 13-Jul-14 15:41:03

So not a necessity but my garden is an overgrown mess and I'm trying to save some rusty roses and yellow azaleas, clematis and also need a few tools - anybody found any garden bargain websites/shops? Could also do with a few more shade and neglect tolerant plants if anyone has any recommendations?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Jul-14 17:25:48

Homebargains is good for tools. The supermarkets have already started marking down gardening stuff.

Elliptic5 Sun 13-Jul-14 17:32:52

Aldi and Lidl are good for plants, also try on freecycle / freegle both for plants and tools. Generally cheap tools can be a false economy so second hand good ones might be better.

alemci Sun 13-Jul-14 17:36:52

often local church fairs, school fetes etc have good plants at reasonable prices. always worth a visit and you are helping to raise money for a good cause.

Elliptic5 Sun 13-Jul-14 17:43:50

Good point alemci I forgot about those, and boot fairs of course.

GemmaTeller Sun 13-Jul-14 17:46:02

Poundland - I've got an amazing sharp branch cutter from there and all my pots are overflowing with flowers from the £1 packs of seeds and bulbs

Gen35 Sun 13-Jul-14 19:07:31

Thanks, good ideas! Anybody found anything online that's competitive?

Gen35 Sun 13-Jul-14 20:51:29

Sorry I see home bargains is online - thanks just found storage box for £27 for my recycling!

Stopanuary Fri 25-Jul-14 15:06:41

Wilkinsons - online and in the stores - have great prices for gardening stuff. i got loads of bulkbs and tubers at amazing prices back in the Spring.

Poundstretcher are good too.

This was a Wilko's dahlia for 50p - masses of blooms now.

ghostmous3 Fri 25-Jul-14 21:42:25

I had an amazing find in wilkinsons in the week. They are marking down their gardening stuff and i got a hugecompost bin for a tenner and 3 4 shelf greenhouse things for under a fiver.

Gen35 Sat 26-Jul-14 12:56:45

Beautiful dahlia!!! Thanks for the recommendations - love gardening but not paying £4 for a tiny herb pot etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now