eBay selling tips

(8 Posts)
annielostit Wed 09-Apr-14 11:28:53

Like many I have too many dresses, I'd like to eBay them. Most are branded- coast/phase eight so don't really want them to go for pennies. They are hardly worn.
what's the best way to get the best price. I don't want to sell them for £1 on cheeky bids.
Thanks

YoureAShoe Wed 09-Apr-14 11:56:29

99p starting bid with a minimum bid of something you're happy with if that makes sense? I'm not saying it really well grin

SavoyCabbage Wed 09-Apr-14 12:05:21

Yes so if you want a tenner put it on for a tenner. Not 99p.

Take good pictures, including one of just the fabric.

ballseditup Wed 09-Apr-14 12:33:12

Make sure ur auction will end at a sensible time
No one will want to fight over it if it ends at 3am on a Tuesday smile

Clear pics & good but basic description

i think higher starting prices put people off ime

If u want to get rid of it just accept that for every few items you get a really good price for you will also sell a couple for less than you'd like

FantaSea Wed 09-Apr-14 16:02:03

ballseditup is right - end it at a good time.

I have a friend who is very successful at selling on ebay and she always ends her items at 8pm on a sunday evening. Her theory is that sunday evening is when most people are in the house getting ready for the new week and that is the time when you are going to get most traffic for your items.

specialsubject Wed 09-Apr-14 20:09:38

I've heard this too!

never list except at free listing times, put it on at the minimum you'll accept for it. Then if it doesn't sell, no loss. If tried a few times and no joy, lower the price.

remember you now get charged 10% of postage fees too.

theuncivilservant79 Fri 18-Apr-14 13:28:12

Op how did you get on? I also have coast frocks to sell...

SuperFlyHigh Sat 03-May-14 15:25:54

theun - I've tried to sell and have seen not v good resale prices on most Coast items on ebay. sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now