Tesco Home Shopping

(9 Posts)
dizzydo Sat 08-Mar-14 08:11:31

I have noticed, very gradually, that Tesco have started dropping any value brands or brands that are lower in price generally from their home shopping lists. Just discovered today that again lots of lower cost options are "not currently available". Of course I understand their reasoning but it is infuriating when you visit a store and see all the items offered there so it is clearly profiteering. I understand they have to have a mark up on such a service but it really is getting a bit ridiculous.
Am going to switch supermarkets but wondering whether they are all doing this anyway.

LucyLasticBand Sat 08-Mar-14 08:14:02

i would have thought there have been a surge of people buying the value products, supply can't keep up with demand?

dizzydo Sat 08-Mar-14 08:21:05

hmmm well

dizzydo Sat 08-Mar-14 08:22:14

sorry posted too soon. That may be so Lucy but this has been going on for some time now. I would have thought if they had wanted to they could have rectified things by now. These items are always available in plentiful supply in store.

LucyLasticBand Sat 08-Mar-14 08:24:21

perhaps the internet shopping is based at a particular shop that has had a change in products. that often happens. annoyingly

VivaLeBeaver Sat 08-Mar-14 08:28:22

I've noticed similar.

The pizzas we used to get which are always on offer of two for £4 are still on the website but always say "currently unavailable" even though I'm doing my ordering days in advance of delivery. So surely they'll get some in before my delivery?

Whenever (in the same week) I've popped into the store the pizzas are there.

LucyLasticBand Sat 08-Mar-14 08:42:19

try asda internet shopping isntead. that will teach them!

KinkyDorito Tue 11-Mar-14 07:06:08

Yep, I've noticed this too. As you've rightly said, there always seems to be plenty of more expensive options!

ShadowOfTheDay Thu 13-Mar-14 10:17:17

Our local tesco is not the one used for our "local" online shopping... that one is 25 miles away... I guess stock levels differ between stores. Find out which one is used (says mine on my credit card statement) and visit it to see if there are value items on the shelf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now