December debt destroying *blows the budgeteering bugle*

(481 Posts)
claretandamberforever Fri 29-Nov-13 17:53:00

Okay, so probably not much debt will be getting destroyed this month, but hopefully we won't add too much to it.

Here's the thread you want if you need to keep a spending diary somewhere, confess money sins, ask for help or have a general whinge at the cost of living.

Welcome to any newbies

ilovepicnmix Mon 30-Dec-13 22:10:15

NSD for me. Also first run in ages and first day back on 5:2. Very impressed with myself today.

Thanks for the new thread claret. I'll still check in here tomorrow as it'll still be December and I'm a bit funny about finishing things before I start something else. Which explains why im still using cheapo body lotion rather than lovely stuff I got for Christmas!

fuzzpig Tue 31-Dec-13 09:31:44

Woohoo, nearly at the new year! I'll watch the thread and post tomorrow. Have finally finished reading this whole thread for ideas and inspiration smile

Today will definitely not be a NSD! It's a recent festive family tradition that after Xmas we all go to the cinema (frozen this year) and then for Pizza Hut buffet - thankfully we only needed to buy tickets for me, DH and our two little DCs as DSDs, DSS and his GF all have unlimited cards. Admittedly one of those we pay for ourselves (in return for DSD2 babysitting for a few hours twice a month grin)

Got to order a tesco delivery tonight, and we've agreed to budget strictly from now on with food, so hopefully we'll sit down and do the maths for it in the evening (and then probably go to bed. Not sure I can be arsed to stay up for midnight TBH)

Have a great new year everyone and I'll see you all on the other side grin

CremeEggThief Brazil Tue 31-Dec-13 18:15:57

£2.50 on chippy tea and £1.14 on bread and milk from Lidl. So, £3.64 altogether.

See you all on the January thread smile.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 31-Dec-13 18:21:39

£15 on fuel.

ilovepicnmix Tue 31-Dec-13 19:30:50

NSD. I certainly won't be up at 12! It's been a shitty year in a lot of ways so roll on 2014.

I have just made a note of money in bank accounts and purse and have decided my goal is to save £500 in 2014.

fuzzpig Tue 31-Dec-13 19:52:29

Here's to a better 2014 ilove smile

500 is a great aim - think of it as less than a tenner a week! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now