I've just saved £180!

(7 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 30-Oct-13 21:19:15

By changing my car insurance to a different provider.

I changed my car last November and took out a new policy before the EU changes came in that meant that women's policies would no longer be any cheaper.

I have also had a fault accident in the past year.

When my renewal came in costing more than last year I thought that was probably that, but I spent 30 minutes searching various sites and have saved £180 and also have a lower excess!

The new insurance is through Tesco Bank - not to everyone's liking I know but it suits us.

Whoopee!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 31-Oct-13 16:47:12

Well done. Are you registered with topcashback? They give excellent cashback on car insurance.

I heard an executive from Saga insurance trying to justify high insurance costs on renewals, it didn't end well for him.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 31-Oct-13 20:13:14

No, I'm not registered with any of those sites. I don't really understand how they work!

With my car insurance I always end up having to ring them to double check things like business use and no claims discount so I just search online for the best quotes.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 31-Oct-13 20:19:53

Register, it's well worth it.

I'm £600 up this year on things I was going to buy anyway.

I don't understand it either but I'm not complaining.

JourneyToThePlacentaOfTheEarth Sun 03-Nov-13 08:13:06

Op that's fantastic. A similar thing happened to Me last month also with Tesco bank. I received a renewal quote for £950. So I went on the price comparison sites and they quoted me £500 with the same provider Tesco bank. So I rung them all confused and they said they would honour the online quote but when he went through my details the quote went down further to £450! Imagine if I'd just accepted the renewal quote?

ThePinkOcelot Mon 11-Nov-13 21:36:59

I never stay with the same insurer twice. Always manage to get it lower. Well done on the £180.

prettymess Tue 12-Nov-13 12:35:40

Thanks for giving me the nudge to check too. Saved over £200 on my contents insurance.

Makes me laugh though when DH rang to cancel the old policy and they would match it. Why not compare themselves first and send us a cheaper quote? I (the cynical woman that I am) think it's because then you ring them and they make money off that phone call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now