Aldi vs Lidl Newport

(6 Posts)
Wandastartup Thu 24-Oct-13 13:23:31

Have bought the odd bit in each but planning to try a complete shop. Could anyone kindly critique them for me. It will be the Newport branches if that makes a difference!

bluebayou Thu 24-Oct-13 13:32:20

great for bargains , we do all uor shopping there , wouldn2t be without them now, excellent quality also. Cannot understand what people have against them. must be some kind of snobbery I guess .

I prefer Aldi, there's a voucher in the mirror today,£5 off a £40 spend.

NoNoNoMYDoIt Thu 24-Oct-13 14:52:04

For a full shop it has to be Aldi. They do all the staples whereas lidl has more brands and I find they don't have everything I need

In terms of Newport stores, I prefer the Aldi at the bottom of queens hill to the one at spytty. Just seems better stocked and not quite as busy although depends when you go.

Wandastartup Thu 24-Oct-13 19:50:32

Thanks No no- useful info! Am also a big fan of home bargains and TK Maxx now I have discovered them!

chanie44 Fri 25-Oct-13 14:12:24

Aldi has more 'stuff' and a bigger selection of meats, plus it's super 6 fruit and veg offers.

Lidl has brands like Heinz beans and ketchup, some stores have a bakery.

I go lidl one week and aldi the next week and stuff I can't get in either store, I go to asda.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now