spreading a lil' lidl love

(6 Posts)
McPrice Mon 19-Aug-13 14:00:04

i have a confession to make. i am a food snob who loves lidl (only recently brave enough to discover this). im wondering if im alone in this? some of the products are seriously good (even if they are basically copies of a brand version.)
here are a few of my faves
*veg - there veg is good, and pricewise better than tescos. baby plum tomatoes are yummy and less than tescos.grin
* biscuits - they do a very reasonable custard cream and jammy doger i think rival taste of mcvitties.
* bought something that looks like and tastes exactly like a bueno but us called something else. half the price
* nero's - a slightly smaller oreo
* cheese colslaw is very nice too
* continental meat parma ham etc.
* tojours nappies - the best in my opinion.
any other recomendations?

sillyrubberduck Mon 19-Aug-13 15:12:33

Lidl full fat Greek yoghurt is the best I found.

highlystrung Tue 20-Aug-13 06:56:52

Love Lidl. I love the ice cream in a red tub, the mini magnums (see the theme!). Also their washing powder and, when my children were younger, the nappies. That's amongst a world of other things. We do all our shopping there - only have to get the odd thing from other shops. We save a FORTUNE and I can't bring myself to go to Tescos anymore as I feel like I'm being fleeced. My barometer is that whenever I shop at Lidl it always costs LESS than I've guestimated and in Tescos it always costs at least £20 more than I've guessed. WE are a family of 5 and spend about £75 a week.

chanie44 Tue 20-Aug-13 08:23:02

I do lidl before going to asda and I have saved money. Aldi opened near me a year ago, so I try and alternate between the two of them. I prefer the aldi selection of meat at lidls is very small, I also bought a big bag of carrots I aldi for 39p which was a fab bargain.

QuinnFabray Tue 20-Aug-13 15:58:50

Olives, whole salami, own brand Jaffa cakes, washing tablets, washing up liquid. Jumbo German hotdogs in a jar. Part bakes rolls and baguettes, only 39p.

moggiek Tue 20-Aug-13 19:24:16

Honestly never found anything that I didn't like, even the own brand breakfast cereal, and believe me, I'm very fussy ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now