Are we using too much electricity?

(8 Posts)
lovelylara Sat 17-Aug-13 18:01:53

A rather boring question for a Saturday night but anyway...

Our annual electricity usage for two adults is around 2000 kWh and I was wondering if this is low/average/high?

If it's on the high side, I will have more ammunition for encouraging DH to turn off the lights etc ;)

lljkk Sat 17-Aug-13 18:05:01

I think household avg is higher, just a sec.

lljkk Sat 17-Aug-13 18:07:13

You're about half of normal. Look for savings elsewhere, I think!

Cindy34 Sat 17-Aug-13 18:12:12

Looks low compared to my 3600 KwH, single person, studio flat. Around 1500 was for heating, so I think it will depend on what you use electricity for - if you have no gas, then you will use it a lot, especially in winter.

specialsubject Sat 17-Aug-13 19:09:48

that's even lower than us and I thought we do well. Estimated 2600kw/h p/a in this house - two adults, lights, cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, gadgets.

keep it up!

lovelylara Sun 18-Aug-13 11:20:33

Thanks, all! Actually our heating+hot water is on a separate bill and we don't have gas so maybe that's why it's so low - although I am quite strict about using the washer, dishwasher etc smile

BrownSauceSandwich Sat 24-Aug-13 13:26:00

You sound like me... I'm always following my partner round, switching off lights, even though our electricity consumption is lower than average. Thing is, if I left it up to him, ALL lights would be left on ALL of the time. He even leaves the hall light on, intentionally, when he leaves for work... Sometimes he says it's for security hmm but sometimes he says it's for the dog confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now