Best budgeting app

(8 Posts)
LalaDipsey Mon 01-Jul-13 19:35:59

Hi
I was recommended a budgets envelope app but can't remember what it was! Ideally I want one I can have on my iPhone and iPad which syncs. I like the envelope idea so I can set out my spending in advance. Any ideas? Thanks

dadinthehat Mon 01-Jul-13 19:55:45

Oh. Me too please. <watches>

ThedementedPenguin Mon 01-Jul-13 19:58:38

Watching with interest.

LalaDipsey Tue 02-Jul-13 18:41:19

Bump smile

passthecheese Tue 02-Jul-13 19:00:13

I have EEBA on my iPhone, it syncs but don't know if it works on iPad too. It works on envelope system.

tribpot Tue 02-Jul-13 19:06:24

There are a number of envelope-based budgeting apps. The one I use is You Need a Budget. It's not cheap to buy but it has paid for itself easily in terms of the savings I've been able to make by understanding my finances better. There's a substantial free trial as well, so you can try before you buy.

This is a thread I had last year comparing some of the alternatives - although it was limited by needing things which would run on a Mac.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 08-Jul-13 13:09:58

The app I use is Account Tracker. It's brilliant, and really held me to micro manage my money.

carlnwo Wed 17-Jul-13 10:43:31

Yea I have used Account Tracker and think its also a very good little tool. There are also free ones you can get from your bank, just create an online account (not a bank account) and you can downloads of grrat free tools from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now