Juggling July - Frugaleering into Summer

(385 Posts)
roguepixie Mon 01-Jul-13 06:29:24

New thread for everyone here.

roguepixie Wed 31-Jul-13 18:23:11

Tommee - get your DH to call HMRC straight away. They are very very willing to sort out a planned repayment and will set up a Direct Debit in order to get the money back in stages. It's worth a call.

Thank you everyone for your congrat's re: DS. He's amazing. My buddy and my best creation. grin <<proud Mum emoticon>>

Adora, oooooh, enjoy Waitrose. I love them. They are my supermarket of choice ... (probably shouldn't say that on a frugal thread)<<< ... hangs heads>>>

takeaway2 Wed 31-Jul-13 18:41:28

Omg Tomme. That's horrid. Lets hope they allow you to pay by installments. hmm

Was going to be NSD but dd came with me to sainsburys to get DS's prescription and wanted some cake. So we got some 3 for 2... £1.98.

Has anyone been kind enough to set up an August thread?? wink

takeaway2 Wed 31-Jul-13 18:43:16

Just started one. Austere August!! See you there!

roguepixie Wed 31-Jul-13 18:48:20

Can you link to it please ... can't find it sad

roguepixie Wed 31-Jul-13 18:49:12

Just to finish off the Juggling July thread we managed an at home NSD today - DCs finishing off building and decorating their den/tree house at end of garden - finally a use for their old cot which I could never get either of them to sleep in as babies !

I guess in the end we went the co-sleeping/ cot for later use as tree-house route of parenting grin

takeaway2 Wed 31-Jul-13 18:54:43

Sorry! Am on phone couldn't link. Thanks rogue! wink

AdoraBell Wed 31-Jul-13 19:13:30

Didn't pay the Pilates teacher, have to do it Friday. Today we'll be eating out but keeping it cheap. Meetings at school messing up everything, not enough time to come home and eat before, too late after.

I'm hoping to keep it to £20 unless OH joins us coz I'm not cooking late tonight

I'm currently prepping my lunch, omlette with left over chips from DDsgrin, peas and small amount of bacon.

Tommetipsy Wed 31-Jul-13 20:37:50

thanks Rogue, I didn't know that instalments was possible.

Ended up spending loads today on lunch out and ice creams with a friend and her DC's. Was worth it though.

mmmm omlette Adora sounds yum.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sat 05-Jul-14 23:43:02

my goodness....been phoneless but finally back. Look forward to catching up....wink wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now