Juggling July - Frugaleering into Summer

(385 Posts)
roguepixie Mon 01-Jul-13 06:29:24

New thread for everyone here.

lilacclery Mon 01-Jul-13 06:34:35

Great to see, going to be a more visible participant this month!

Ruprekt Mon 01-Jul-13 06:41:11

Greetings! smilesmilesmile

Munchkin08 Mon 01-Jul-13 07:59:58

Me too Lilic. Hi everyone x

SpangleMaker Mon 01-Jul-13 08:16:31

Thanks for the new thread rogue grin

takeaway2 Mon 01-Jul-13 08:20:36

Hello!! grin

ExasperatedSigh Mon 01-Jul-13 08:35:10

Hello smile

Doodlekitty Mon 01-Jul-13 08:35:37

Hi, I'm new to this but NEED to cut back

cariadmawr Mon 01-Jul-13 11:20:04

Hi can Ijoin please followed the past threads .Already pull cash out to shop keep little book and receipts shop in aldi and always look out for vouchers . Think watching and reporting to others will make me not cheat that's the hope anyway .

northender Mon 01-Jul-13 11:31:38

Marking my spot

Thatsinteresting Mon 01-Jul-13 13:26:44

Vet has called. Beloved pet is critical. Something has gone wrong during surgery. He is unconscious, on oxygen and has been given adrenaline. It's not looking good.

Thank you Rogue for starting a new thread. Sorry my first post of the month isn't more relevant.

shortscotty Mon 01-Jul-13 13:27:54

£10 on stamps and £10 on a phone top up. Ridiculous spend yesterday at the cinema and a take away afterwards, though I can get away not counting it as opened my £2 coin saving tin and was pleasantly surprised grin
Back to the spreadsheets now!

Helenagrace Mon 01-Jul-13 13:52:13

Checking in! Looks like an NSD today, aiming for 2 per week.

Feeling lousy. Who gets a bad cold in summer? Ooh that'll be me!

Sorry about your cat thatsinteresting, hope they are not suffering.

Was going to be a NSD today, but had to take my mum to the doctor this morning and while in the chemist I spent £5 pound on hair bits for dd's. I needed some small hair bands for dd2 hair which is like bumfluff very thin/fine, and big ones for dd1 whose hair is very thick. But didn't need the very pretty flower bands.

AdoraBell Chile Mon 01-Jul-13 14:10:52

Making place, Thanks for the new thread Rogue

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:09:26

Oh that poor cat thatsinteresting, what a horrible thing to happen. I am sorry.

£7.99 on a table top bin.

ExasperatedSigh Mon 01-Jul-13 17:28:12

Thatsinteresting sorry about your pet, hope it pulls through.

Paid for holiday today, so £110-ish, also bought a new tablecloth and a half price day out voucher with the proceeds from my nappy sales smile

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 01-Jul-13 18:05:24

woohoo, 1/10 my first nsd for at least 5 weeks. Thanks for the new thread. Technically I have spent because had to pay for the holiday and car tax BUT these are all bedgetted for. I class nsd as me not frittering when there is no need! So I am aimibg for a low spend month - less on petrol now dh has family sized company car, less o. food as back to aldi & mozzos & careful shop. Got 2 weddings to buy presents for which will probably take up what we save anyway. sad

loopyloou Mon 01-Jul-13 18:33:45

May I join in? DH has lost his job, I only work part time, so need to cut back big time.

We don't have a Lidl nearby - pity, I have heard good things about them - but we do have an Aldi, in fact my grown up son works there. I'm going to try and do most shopping there from now on. Up to now we've been eating mainly low carb for health and diet reasons, but I think I'm going to struggle to afford that for a while. I'm going to try my best though.

Sorry to hear about your cat thatsinteresting, hope he pulls through. What was he in for?

takeaway2 Mon 01-Jul-13 18:35:38

First NSD of the month! Will be incognito for the rest of the week. Am away long haul for work. Lots of charging to expense I hope!! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 01-Jul-13 19:09:48

aldi is the best Loopy, you'll get a staff discount from your son?

MamaTo2FabBoys Mon 01-Jul-13 19:22:39

Hi everyone, my first nsd of the month. Am aiming for 12 this month as the kids are of on holiday so it makes it harder not to spend anything so 1/12.

loopyloou Mon 01-Jul-13 21:07:23

Nah, fluffy, they don't give staff discounts hmm What do you recommend from there? Saw they have cherry tomatoes in their super 6 and we go through loads of those.

Is their cheaper bread any good? Just for sandwiches?

cariadmawr Mon 01-Jul-13 21:10:45

Ok day one £4.55 on milk,bread and frozen jackets have managed to achieve 1or 2 nsd a week over the last 3 mths

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 01-Jul-13 21:30:04

I like everything apart from beef roasting joints, ready meals and the really cheap bread.

I actually like the 70p ish white bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now