Car boot sales - changing rooms

(12 Posts)
Callmedreckly Mon 01-Jul-13 12:35:20

If you do car boot, have a tape measure handy.

People have usually offered me £1 for items, worn a couple of times, from Topshop , FatFace ect.

I don't think it is essential, and I agree that if you are selling new clothes the car boot sale might be the wrong medium.

If you do go with that idea the back of a large van works as a makeshift changing room.

eBay is probably a better bet- access to a much wider market of potential buyers.

sunnyshine Mon 01-Jul-13 09:51:02

Think for markets you speak to local council about licence etcsmile

sunnyshine Mon 01-Jul-13 09:50:17

I would never take £40 cash to a boot sale. I wouldn't buy clothes that cost more than about £5 if i couldn't try it on .IMO not the right place to be selling v expensive clothes!!

Karbea Mon 01-Jul-13 07:16:13

I wouldn't know how to go about getting a market stall? I guess I was hoping the boot sale would be similar, guess not!

Triumphoveradversity Sun 30-Jun-13 23:19:18

Forget car boots, I have not been to one for ages but your looking more at a market stall at those prices.

I don't even take 40 quid to a boot fair

£40???? At a car boot sale? What sort of things are you selling, that doesn't sound like the right match.

Karbea Fri 28-Jun-13 16:12:26

Umm this is what I thought, I think these will range from a £10 to about £40 max. I'm figuring I might need to build something - job for my dad maybe ;)

Showtime Fri 28-Jun-13 16:08:14

People do buy clothes without trying them on, but only the less expensive ones, so it doesn't matter a great deal if not a great fit.

I've bought and sold clothes at a car boot sale and never saw anyone provide changing facilities. Caveat emptor, I'm afraid. I will be honest about sizing, and say "this says 10 on the label but its a tight fit" or similar.

Karbea Fri 28-Jun-13 09:16:26

Hello,

After picking your brains smile

I'm thinking of starting an ebay/car boot sale business selling clothes. However one thing I'm unsure of is whether I'd need to work out how to make some kind of changing room for the bootsale.
The clothes would be new.

Are people happy to buy clothes without trying them on?

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now