Home bargains with a minute budget!

(12 Posts)

I'm newly converted. I bought dd1 a set of garden tools there for 1.99 (there were 3 in the pack) which were 4.99 each in the garden centre. I also bought her a Baba Pink from clogs babies (a soft doll about 10'') for 6 quid that was 25 in hamleys.
Washing gel tablet things v cheap in there but v good. I also buy soda crystals and dry goods. It was the toys that amazed me though - loads of branded stuff much cheaper grin

I will be calling it home and bargain now though grin

PearlyWhites Mon 24-Jun-13 12:37:14

I have never heard it called by its proper name before, it's always home and bargain where I live.

MortifiedAdams Sun 23-Jun-13 10:24:12

Home Bargains is marvrlous. Got a little book there for dd which is magnetic and comes with magnetic trains she can stick on each page. £2.99!

They do party plates / cups / napkins in a cath kidston stle for pennies.

Their stationary is great.

That astonish paste you mentioned is nearly £3 in lakeland but only 85p in homebargains, it's things like that that got me being frugal in the first place.

Astonish is brillent for cleaning burnt pans. Junk food is cheap there instead of buying from the cinema as well, along with alcohol!

confusedofengland Sun 23-Jun-13 07:48:50

They are great for birthday presents for kids too - eg a
Thomas book with a little set of plastic figures for less than £5.

Their website is worth checking out, you can reserve things online & pick up in store website

StuffezLaYoni Sat 22-Jun-13 18:25:46

Oh god, I saw that thread this morning and cringed! I do hope you get it back!!

Savers do astonish, I like the BUAV. I like them so much I donated £100 by mistake instead of £10 this morning and now I have to ring them Monday and hope they refund me.

moggiek Sat 22-Jun-13 17:50:36

Yes, really good value for money.

StuffezLaYoni Sat 22-Jun-13 17:50:32

Astonish you say? Hmm! Is that like a range of cleaning stuff? I will look out for it. I do think savers is quite good for cleaning stuff too.

I buy all my astonish cleaners in there, they are BUAV approved and only a £1 each.

StuffezLaYoni Sat 22-Jun-13 15:58:40

Well, it's week 4 of the month so I had to do an extremely tight shop this morning. (Fifteen quid for the week's food, plus cat meat.)
So I chose really carefully and between Aldi and Tesco managed to cobble some ok, if not nutritionally great, dinners to last until Fri. Then I realised I'd forgotten the two items I really needed - bin liners and washing powder. I had two pounds fifty in purse and decided to try Home Bargains and bloody hell - I got both for under that amount! I am so impressed. I've had wine from there, which was extremely reasonable, but not home stuff. Anyone else shop there? Anything particularly good there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now