Good shampoo and cheaper prices?

(16 Posts)
Betty5313 Mon 10-Jun-13 21:10:50

I use the asda smart price ones, 24p each smile found it by mistake when we were in the midst of a preschool headlice nightmare and I needed seriously cheap conditioner for all the combing. I noticed how lovely my hair looked so decided to risk a whole 24p on the shampoo too, and haven't looked back over a year later and my very thick hair is bouncy and less frizzy than it has ever been. Only downside is that it doesn't smell of anything except a general soap smell but I think that is goodsmile

ElenorRigby Sat 25-May-13 09:28:43

Aldi Shampoo and Conditioner, 89p each

The whole family use the tea tree one's! Brilliant stuff smile

Bluebell99 Tue 21-May-13 14:25:55

I've got some nice products from tkmaxx.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 21-May-13 14:23:58

Looked at my Tresemme this morning - it's a hypo allergenic one

miffybun73 Tue 21-May-13 13:14:21

Hi, I love Alberto Balsam. Loads of different fruity scents. Shampoo is £1 and Conditioner same. Sometimes cheaper in banded packs or three for two offers.

Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda aand most chemists sell it.

chocolatespiders Mon 20-May-13 22:27:36

Home bargains Juice stuff is nice...

Sainsburys do massive coconut shampoo and conditioner with a pump for 99p. It is seriously big and good for children.

FoundAChopinLizt Mon 20-May-13 22:22:06

We have Sainsburys apple, for £1 massive bottle with a pump dispenser, which is good for dcs as less waste.

Hattie11 Mon 20-May-13 22:19:09

ok thanks guys. Unfortunately i'm allergic to Tressemme - I know they are nicely priced.

Going to look at Home bargains assuming that's online?

Will keep an eye out in my local pound shops. Thank you

JoyceDivision Mon 20-May-13 21:34:26

Home Bargains do branded stuff cheap.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 20-May-13 21:30:00

Tressemme is better in my hair than any of the expensive ones I've been talked into buying at the hairdressers

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 20-May-13 21:28:07

TK Maxx have giant salon sizes for a fraction of the price.

Kt1991 Mon 20-May-13 21:27:38

If you live close to a tescos I use their make called My Senses, makes your hair shiny and smells gorgeous! I think its just over a pound. I use certain ones from the poundshop, but after a while my hair looks a little greasy so change often, always go for the cheaper brands though cause the prices are ridiculous now! I mean who spends like five pounds on a shampoo?!

Methe Mon 20-May-13 21:25:52

I've posted on here before about this so apologies if you've read it. We use tesco own brand tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner at less than a quid for a massive bottle.

Works wonders on dd's super thick hair. I tend to alternate with Aussie stuff as I like the smell of that but don't notice much difference in my hair.

AViewFromTheFridge Mon 20-May-13 21:22:42

Tresemme is also often on offer in Asda, so you can get two of the massive ones for 3 or 4 quid.

scrummummy Mon 20-May-13 21:14:39

Do you have a local £ shop or 99p shop near by? I have bought dove pantene tresemme etc there its easy to stock up.

Hattie11 Mon 20-May-13 20:49:14

I'm finding the price of shampoo and conditioner is so much, maybe more noticeable now I have two daughters using mine and not the baby shampoo!

I wondered whether I can bulk buy decent brands anywhere online. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now