Does anyone do valued opions survey site - problems?

(17 Posts)
bubblesinthesky Thu 11-Apr-13 15:39:33

Just wondered if anyone else on here does valued opinions?

I've been using them on and off for some time and have probably had £60 in vouchers over time so its worth my while though not going to change my life. However recently I keep finding I'm being screened out half way through long surveys. Its really annoying and a huge waste of time as you don't get paid

Also right now I'm on £9.75. They pay out at £10. Normally they credit me right away but they've put my last 2 surveys in pending credits and its been like that for 2 weeks now. I could really use the amazon voucher as well right now.

Anyone else finding this?

caz1010 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:16:42

I do use this site, not experianced any problems in the last week or so

charlie7 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:50:45

Hi, yes I have found the same with the screening too. I'm quite new to the survey thing so I just figured it was the way it worked! But sometimes there seems loads of questions before they then say you are not suitable! Very annoying..

specialsubject Fri 12-Apr-13 10:41:08

I also have enough pending to get my voucher - there was an update in the last few days so I don't think it is any worse than normal. Doesn't hurt to kick them though.

If I get screened out after 10 or so questions, or after giving data, I lodge a complaint (link on the invitation email). This gets you an auto reply, then a standard fob off. I then reply to the fob off and have got some credit if I am abusive enough.

Also using onepoll - surveys only pay 10p or so but if you are screened out, it is after one question so less faff.

pocket money as you say, but better than nothing.

bubblesinthesky Fri 12-Apr-13 10:53:16

Thank you. I think I'll try complaining more I'm sick of being kicked out after completing loads of questions. What annoying me right now is that they seem to credit instantly but as soon as I get close to cashing out everything goes under pending credits

I use onepoll as well. They are easily my favourite because although as you say you don't get much for each survey they tend to be very quick at screening you out and the surveys don't take long. I've cashed out from them 3 times now. Took me quite a while to get there but they really do pay and £40 is a good sum when you finally get there. I'm on £5.05 at the moment so it will be some time before I cash out again. Never know may make it in time for christmas!

threepiecesuite Sat 13-Apr-13 22:04:26

I do Valued Opinions and OnePoll too (and IPSOS Access Panel which is good).
VO are a bit crap for holding your credit as pending, haven't noticed it being any worse than usual lately. OnePoll is my favourite, I achieve £40 on average every 5 or so months which is very handy for a few minutes work each day. I do them on my lunchbreak usually.

specialsubject Sun 14-Apr-13 22:24:35

ooh good - I'm getting near my first onepoll payout, I was seeing that they stop giving you surveys when you get near to £40 but it is reassuring to see that it is possible.

VO haven't held payments in the past but I have been stuck for a week now. :-(

bubblesinthesky Sun 14-Apr-13 23:23:47

the surveys do seem to slow down slightly with one poll but I've had no problem so far with getting to payout.

Interesting you're stuck with VO as well. I hope they haven't got financial problems

specialsubject Tue 16-Apr-13 15:07:53

update; just did a survey and got rewarded instantly, so have now claimed the voucher. The others are still pending.

Lucyellensmum95 Tue 16-Apr-13 15:11:21

I quite like doing surveys, its another way to procrastinate, how can i do this and get "paid"?

specialsubject Wed 17-Apr-13 09:35:03

sign up for the sites; valued opinions, onepoll, rewarded opinions, yougov etc etc.

you need to grab the surveys as soon as they drop into your inbox, or regularly check the sites. The pay rate works at about £2 an hour or less, but if you aren't doing anything else at that moment, might as well.

cash out (vouchers, paypal, whatever) as soon as you reach the threshold. Never leave it to build up, you don't know how long the site will be there. Be patient; yougov pays out at £50 and takes most people about two years as the surveys aren't frequent.

the income should be declared for tax.

Lucyellensmum95 Wed 17-Apr-13 10:04:22

Wow - i just earnt 50p! grin

bubblesinthesky Wed 17-Apr-13 11:01:51

Oh and onepoll don't email you so check the site regulary or you'll miss them

Lucyellensmum95 Wed 17-Apr-13 12:59:24

It would appear that valued opinion don't value my opinion as they don't have any polls that i qualify for just now grin I don't think im rich enough smile

specialsubject Wed 17-Apr-13 17:07:08

you will often get screened out of surveys - onepoll pay less but screen out after one or two questions, VO pay more but take more questions to screen you out which can get irritating. If the survey is clearly something that is of no relevance to you, don't bother. Oh, and you don't have to fill in the bit at the end about 'what you thought of the survey' if you don't want to - just press 'submit'.

occasionally there is a jackpot - I got one where I was sent a free pack of biscuits and paid £5 for my opinion of them. Nice biscuits, too! Surveys that are a bit more complex -testing products, websites etc are better payers. You can also have fun telling them that no, you don't 'feel close' to a brand and that an advert is really irritating.

yougov won't screen you out but ALWAYS want you to use your points for a prize draw. Don't. Some surveys are only for a prize draw entry, again I wouldn't bother.

set up a shortcut to onepoll on your toolbar and check during the day - there aren't normally new surveys out of business hours.

specialsubject Wed 17-Apr-13 17:08:09

ps should probably add that I work for myself and thus all computer time is my own! smile

bubblesinthesky Thu 18-Apr-13 20:51:50

Finally

I managed to complete a 50p survey earlier and they credited it right away so I've cashed out with a £10 amazon voucher. I now have 25p credit and £1.75 pending so on way to my next voucher.

I am trying to build up an Amazon voucher Christmas fund from surveys. It all helps.

I'm doing Toluna too and working towards a £15 voucher with them but only half way so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now