£100 a month for feeding a family of 4

(7 Posts)
Toasttoppers Wed 03-Apr-13 22:12:46

I actually made the savoury bites from this site, they are soft biscuit snack things made mainly out of squished chick peas, tomato purée and garlic, I chucked herbs in as well. We all liked them especially DS.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Mon 01-Apr-13 19:07:45

Here I am cold it's grin

colditz Tue 26-Mar-13 16:41:01

It's a lovely idea, but I had a look and most of the meal combinations in the portions given don't give more than 1700 calories a day, which isn't ideal if you are over 7 years old and not fat.

Please don't think I am picking fault, I'm not and the recipes are really great, but I wanted people to be aware that they cannot feed a family of four on this unless it comprises of fat adults and two toddlers.

Lancelottie Tue 26-Mar-13 16:40:26

Love the calorie count of 9999999 for cheesecake!

halfthesize Tue 26-Mar-13 16:34:38

its really good thank you.

FBmum Mon 25-Mar-13 14:19:00

sorry - link didn't work, will try again - otherwise just copy and paste smile
www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipes-all.html

FBmum Mon 25-Mar-13 14:17:13

Just come across this website and wanted to share with other frugal/cash strapped MNers - I don't think I'll be following the food plans, as my picky little dahlinks wouldn't touch some of it with a barge pole, BUT I love the page with all the recipes and the cost per portion...

http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipes-all.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now