£100 a month for feeding a family of 4

(7 Posts)
FBmum Mon 25-Mar-13 14:17:13

Just come across this website and wanted to share with other frugal/cash strapped MNers - I don't think I'll be following the food plans, as my picky little dahlinks wouldn't touch some of it with a barge pole, BUT I love the page with all the recipes and the cost per portion...

http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipes-all.html

FBmum Mon 25-Mar-13 14:19:00

sorry - link didn't work, will try again - otherwise just copy and paste smile
www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipes-all.html

halfthesize Tue 26-Mar-13 16:34:38

its really good thank you.

Lancelottie Tue 26-Mar-13 16:40:26

Love the calorie count of 9999999 for cheesecake!

colditz Tue 26-Mar-13 16:41:01

It's a lovely idea, but I had a look and most of the meal combinations in the portions given don't give more than 1700 calories a day, which isn't ideal if you are over 7 years old and not fat.

Please don't think I am picking fault, I'm not and the recipes are really great, but I wanted people to be aware that they cannot feed a family of four on this unless it comprises of fat adults and two toddlers.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Mon 01-Apr-13 19:07:45

Here I am cold it's grin

Toasttoppers Wed 03-Apr-13 22:12:46

I actually made the savoury bites from this site, they are soft biscuit snack things made mainly out of squished chick peas, tomato purée and garlic, I chucked herbs in as well. We all liked them especially DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now