Weekly Spends

(7 Posts)

thank you everyone smile

Mum2Fergus Sat 23-Mar-13 10:16:31

While saving last of mortgage deposit recently I cut back to £50 a week for 3 of us. One week in the month I allowed for £75 for store cupboard top ups and toileteries. It was tough to start but soon got into the way of it.

Tommychoochoo Fri 22-Mar-13 20:55:01

We do this. Fill up the car with petrol on pay day and this lasts the month. We take £80 a week out and this is food and treats. It's tough but so much easier to keep on track with money than just putting everything on my cardsmile

CremeEggThief Fri 22-Mar-13 12:47:39

£150 in cash to cover living expenses after rent and bills. I do an online shop occasionally, so pay that by card, and then take whatever's left out in cash.

franceherewecome Thu 21-Mar-13 09:50:34

We also do this. After all bills have come out we have £200 a week which I take out of the cash machine. That needs to cover petrol, food and everything else which is not a direct debit. When its gone its gone and nothing put on a card. It took DP a while to get his head round not swiping anything but its the only way we can manage what we spend.

Ra88 Thu 21-Mar-13 08:03:38

Recently we have had to do this and really budget , after our money for bills has been taken out we then take out approx £100 per week for food/petrol/spends. We used to have a lot more spare cash but not so much recently !

Do you take something out of the bank each week to keep you going? If so, how much if you don't mind me asking. Trying to be really frugal (which shouldn't be hard as I don't have the cash to be anything but!!!). I usually just take my bank card everywhere, so don't keep track of any spends blush so i usually end up with no money!

TYIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now