easter on a budget?

(14 Posts)
chocolatespiders Tue 26-Mar-13 22:43:17

Just to warn you if the Cadbury trail you do is at a national trust place you have to pay the admission cost to the place then the money on top to do the trail.

NannyR Tue 26-Mar-13 22:38:22

I went to aldi today and spent about £10 on little foil wrapped chocolate bunnies, mini eggs, marshmallows, etc. I wrapped them up in separate bundles in yellow napkins and cellophane and tied them with a bit of ribbon. I got 12 little Easter presents and I think they look pretty good, much nicer and cheaper than a Cadbury or Nestlé egg.

apatchylass Tue 26-Mar-13 10:46:27

20, frazzled???? Wow. You might get a bulk discount somewhere like Costco.

frazzled74 Mon 25-Mar-13 09:31:35

thanks ,weather depending i will do the national trust easter egg trail, and am going to order the sainsburys chicken with my online shop, just to buy the eggs now, ive got 20 to buy so going to budget £1 each otherwise it gets silly.

plinkyplonks Sun 24-Mar-13 23:16:40

Went to Asda today, they have Cadbury's eggs for £1... yummy!!!

apatchylass Sun 24-Mar-13 20:08:34

For a cheap Sunday roast, avoid lamb (gorgeous but so expensive. Go for one of Sainsbury's 3 for £10 meat deal chickens. It says they serve 2-3 people. they don't. they truly serve 8 and we are greedy piglets in our family. Not free range, unfortunately, but really fantastic deal on plump juicy chickens, if you're not veggie.

Think Asda had hot cross buns for 50p for 6.

Blow eggs, saving the insides for cooking, and decorate the shells.
Make choco crispy 'nests' and little chicks out of cotton wool painted yellow?
Make an Easter walk bingo card: snowdrops, lambs, rabbits, daffs, easter eggs etc.

Do an egg hunt with clues

serin Fri 22-Mar-13 13:21:14

Set up your own easter egg trail around your garden or park.

Make little baskets out of scrap stuff to use on the easter egg trail.

Egg and spoon races go down well here.

National trust always have low cost stuff going on.

Decorate sitting room with easter tree?

Go out looking for lambs and ducklings etc.

Paint eggs.

Home bargain have cheap easter eggs.

Your parish Church will make you welcome and usually have a family friendly service planned for easter sunday.

LadyKooKoo Fri 22-Mar-13 12:48:09

The Cadbury Easter Egg Trail is always good for the kids.

morrisons had medium eggs for £1 instead of £1.49.

Newmum2013 Fri 22-Mar-13 07:17:03

Asda have a lot of eggs for a pound or aldi have lots of deals on chocolate. Eg mini eggs (their version) and chocolate rabbits etc

nannynick Thu 21-Mar-13 20:22:40

Sainsburys did eggs for a pound. They stopped doing it but I noticed earlier this week that my local store had a pallet of eggs at back of store which were on offer at a pound each.

Walking in the countryside can be low cost. You may be able to find an organised walk, or look for free walk downloads, or just get a local map and experiment. Never know, it may not rain/snow all Easter!

frazzled74 Wed 20-Mar-13 22:28:37

thats good, will be passing our local coop tomorrow ,thanks

weegiemum Wed 20-Mar-13 13:16:56

Coop has a bogof on Easter eggs!

frazzled74 Wed 20-Mar-13 13:15:25

has anyone come across any good deals on easter eggs, family easter meal (indoors or dining out), any ideas for cheap/free activities to do over the bankholiday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now