Has anyone ever used Music magpie?

(13 Posts)
wrenster Tue 05-Mar-13 07:02:04

Miserly march has started and I am trying to make and save some money!

We don't need all of our DVDs anymore, and want to get rid of them all. Has anyone ever used this website? Roughly how much do you get for your DVDs?

Thanks

deemented Tue 05-Mar-13 07:08:04

Yes, i have, though i sold CD's rather than DVDs.

I sent them 175 of them and received approx £150. Not to be sniffed at tbh, but not a huge ammount either. Some they offered as little as 20p for, others £3 or £4.

The tedious bit it typing all the barcodes in tbh, but i neede the money more than i needed the CD's.

Abra1d Tue 05-Mar-13 07:10:08

We use them. There is an iPhone app for scanning now.
Sometimes they take ages to process a sale but they seem reliable and honest.

Oodsigma Tue 05-Mar-13 08:43:54

I've used them, quite random in pricing at times but I just sorted them into 'I'll accept 20p' and 'I'd rather keep'

wrenster Tue 05-Mar-13 09:30:25

Thanks very much. That will go on my list today.

Deemented - impressive amount, I would be thrilled with that!

FierceBadIggi Thu 07-Mar-13 18:53:16

I want to do this. Will take me some time to pair up the cases and CDs though!
Postage must be quite a lot.

ElvisIsKing Thu 07-Mar-13 18:57:05

They collect for free if you are sending a certain amount I think

BikeRunSki Thu 07-Mar-13 18:58:26

I have, also got an average of about £1 each for a box of 25ish CDs, but they seemed to be either about 80p or about £4. The boxes and covers need to be in good nick. I spent ages shaping broken boxes about.

Pretty sure postage was free.

Postage is free, they give instructions on how to parcel up.
I, ve sent a parcel off last week I was wondering how long it takes to send payment back.

ChipTheFish Thu 07-Mar-13 19:02:25

I've used them. Most of our cd's we were offerend about 20p for but some of them (the more obscure ones it seemed) were around £3.

For some reason they didn't want to offer anything for our Madonna or Travis albums!

expatinscotland Thu 07-Mar-13 19:04:57

Do they take games? I have a load of PS2 games to get rid of, but not boxes, just sleeves.

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 08-Mar-13 11:37:00

Yes they take games.

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 08-Mar-13 11:37:48

Um not sure about the without boxes bit. I have sold my unwanted games and CDs there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now