ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Excel workbook / budgeting app?

(9 Posts)
PixieHot Sat 19-Jan-13 21:26:18

Does anyone have any tips about setting up an Excel budgeting workbook? Or a recommendation for a budgeting app?

I think it would be really useful to have something that takes into account yearly / monthly costs etc.

muchostinky Sat 19-Jan-13 22:43:12

Oooh, I want a good one too. I do have an excel one that I did myself, but it's a bit rubbish and I want one that looks good!

chicaguapa Sat 19-Jan-13 22:47:50

There's a good one at MoneySavingExpert. What I like is that it includes everything, stuff you wouldn't think to put on it and if it's a weekly cost, it accurately calculates the monthly cost rather than just multiplying it by 4. I'll find a link.

chicaguapa Sat 19-Jan-13 22:51:48

here It's about halfway down the page and is the spreadsheet version.

PixieHot Sun 20-Jan-13 09:37:50

Thanks chica, I'll have a look at that later today. It sounds great though.

mucho, I quite fancy making one myself too, but if Martin Lewis has already done the hard work grin...

PersuedByPenguins Sun 20-Jan-13 11:07:33

That spreadsheet is good for the initial working out of the budget but I like a running total 'balance' sheet showing the balance in my account at any one time and upcoming debits... I had one I used all the time but would love a 'professional one' does anyone know where I could get one?

muchostinky Sun 20-Jan-13 13:52:23

Yeah persued that's what I want.

Mum2Fergus Sun 20-Jan-13 22:25:08

I use iReconcile app to keep track of daily stuff and savings...all the house/car/joint stuff I keep on a spreadsheet that Ive developed for what I need from it over time...

ComradeJing Thu 24-Jan-13 06:59:37

I'm sold on YNAB - You Need A Budget

It was suggested to me by another MNer and it is the ONLY budgeting software that I have stuck with and actually have money at the end of each month with.

It isn't free after the 30 day trial but it is brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now