Sandwich fillings I can make in advance and freeze.

(9 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Tue 08-Jan-13 17:55:51

Christ, what did fabfood post to get deleted? I thought it was just about soup?

My cheese and pickle works just fine frozen.

Mum2Fergus Tue 08-Jan-13 17:47:57

Lurking...back later smile

BluelightsAndSirens Tue 08-Jan-13 15:04:38

I've just made a batch of rolls that you heat in the microwave for a hot lunch.

I trimmed the fat of a shoulder of pork and then slow cooked it on top of a cut onion and a cup of ginger beer. I cooked on high for 8 hours then discarded the liquid, shredded the meat and put it back in the slow cooker with a bottle of bulls BBQ sauce and cooked for another hour.

Once cooled I put in buns and froze and then took one to work today, it was lovely.

Fabfood Tue 08-Jan-13 13:59:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AdoraJingleBells Thu 03-Jan-13 02:29:09

I'm going to nick the ham and mustard idea for when DDs go back to school, DD2 loves a bit of mustard.

Thank you very muchlysmile

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 20-Dec-12 14:48:22

Thank you, I can do a batch of them for when I go back to work after Xmas.

PigletJohn Thu 20-Dec-12 10:19:37

the reason mine all have mustard or pickle or something, is that the flavour flattens when things are frozen, so they need a bit of perking up.

You might use more pepper, for example.

PigletJohn Wed 19-Dec-12 22:28:38

Ham and mustard, cheese and pickle, peanut butter, jam, beef and horseradish, chicken in white sauce (out of a tin) is better with french mustard stirred in.

No tomato or cucumber, of course.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 19-Dec-12 17:07:51

I had to buy a lunch today as I was too hungover to make one but if I have a supply in the freezer I can just batch make them and use them up as needed.

What is good for freezing like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now