Need to renew house insurance which is best comparison website?

(5 Posts)
stormforce10 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:20:41

Barclays are ripping me off. I am certain I can renew for a lot less than they're quoting (£716.09 shock) but not sure where to start. I've been with them for years but its been going up and up and they're clearly taking my custom for granted.

Not any more I am sick of them

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 27-Nov-12 19:17:14

<faints>. do you live in Monaco?

I do go compare then Aviva. I'm with quidco and Topcashback so I get cashback too. £80 on my car insurance!

Beckamaw Wed 28-Nov-12 23:49:12

DP's was £600. confused
I got it for under £300. MoreThan came out cheapest when I shopped around.
Try 'Go Compare' for some alternatives.

moogdroog Thu 29-Nov-12 23:17:04

Whatever you do, make sure you use a cashback site - I use Topcashback - you get a quid or so for clicking through them and going to a comparison site and i ended up going with an insurance company that was giving 70 quid cashback. Certainly worth factoring in!

BlueMonday17 Thu 29-Nov-12 23:31:42

Our home insurance went up to £1400 this year, had been creeping up for years but this was the year I finally did something about it. I used Moneysupermarket and Go compare and best for us was Sainsbury's home insurance through Moneysupermarket, was £900 cheaper, came with a £30 Sainsbury's gift card and double Nectar points at Sainsbury's for a year. The offer of the £30 giftcard popped into my inbox after I saved the quote but didn't act on it for a few days (I was waiting until my renewal date was nearer).

Definitely worth shopping around and weighing up different benefits - good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now