Indemnity query

(2 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Wed 31-Oct-12 13:38:04

Depends on your bank as to the best course of action here - personally I'd ring them today and ask if they will be able to either cancel the direct debit today or return it unpaid tomorrow (I have worked at 2 different banks and each used a different method to deal with this). You won't need to do an indemnity unless the money is actually taken, so your gas co are suggesting you pay the direct debit and ask the bank to get the money back for you smile

Doodlekitty Tue 30-Oct-12 17:10:47

Hi all

just been on phone to my elec company and I'm a bit baffled (despite working for a different fuel company myself!).
Basically, they wanted to increase my DD by over £50 per month. I knew this could not be right as I'm careful with usage, had expected a rise (for price increase) but not this much. Called them with meter readings to discuss this. Turns out my usage is LOWER than it was and my DD can go down. But, they have already processed my DD for 1st November for the new amount. They said that what I should do is do an indemnity claim with my bank for that DD and then call them and set up new DD. I've never done an indemnity and dont know whats involved. As this DD is not due to go out until 1/11 if I cancel the DD with my online banking will that save me the hssle, or do I have to go and claim back money which has not technically been taken yet. does this post in fact make any sense at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now