dd has outgrown most of her clothes- where to go!

(31 Posts)
cheekymonk Mon 24-Sep-12 13:24:29

DD aged 19 months seems to need almost an entirely new waredrobe- wellies, vests, cardis, trousers, skirts, dresses, rucksack, it goes on! Any suggestions where I can stock up? am watching/bidding on some bundles on ebay but no real bargains!

jenduck Sun 30-Sep-12 16:51:47

Car boot sales! I went to one today & got 2 sleepsuits, 3 long-sleeved t-shirts & 2 long sleeved vests for DS2 (17 months) for the grand total of £1.50 (not to mention 3 cardis for myself for 50p each blush)

The friend I was with got around 20 items plus a coat for her DD (age 3) for no more than £8 all in!

They are winding up for the winter now if outdoor ones, so people seem to be selling at cheaper prices than usual - perhaps so as to clear out & have a bit of extra cash for Christmas.

midseasonsale Wed 24-Oct-12 06:58:09

NCT sale - go to the NCT website and on the sale page type in your postcode for sales in your area.

Car boots - just fab and cheap

FB - ask if anyone has any unwanted boots or clothes or if they know where you can find some locally

Foosyerdoos Mon 12-Nov-12 22:30:39

Do you have the 'Jack and Jill' markets near you. They are usually at hotels they seem to tour round Scotland not sure about down South. Second hand kids / maternity stuff. You can also sell. They seem to be quite popular.

sicutlilium Wed 14-Nov-12 22:01:31

As well as Freecycle, there is Freegle:
www.ilovefreegle.org/

milkysmum Wed 14-Nov-12 22:07:17

Definatley try posting on your local freecycle. I have just given away bags and bags of ds's baby clothes he has out grown and I am happy they have been passed onto someone who can make good use of them

Snog Mon 26-Nov-12 19:01:10

Find someone whose kids wear nice gear to give you their hand me downs: I spend a fortune on kids clothes and struggle to find anyone to pass stuff to - ends up at the charity shop after a couple of wears. I love it if I find someone I know who wants them!
Also car boot sales are your friend - you can fill up your dc's wardrobe for the price of one new item! and if it gets ruined no big deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now