Aldi comparison!

(108 Posts)
mrsm68 Mon 24-Sep-12 08:02:27

I went to Aldi yesterday and I spent £56.81

When I got home I went on www.mysupermarket.com. Not sure if you are familiar with this site. It's for online shopping at Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys etc. you enter all your items then you can see what it would cost at each shop.

So, I entered every item that I had bought at Aldi and this was the result:

Aldi £56.81
Sainsburys £78.41
Asda. £84.09
Tesco. £86.91
I was very surprised that Asda was so high and that Sainsburys was so low shock

Theas18 Sun 04-Nov-12 22:46:26

Bit sad they are starting to do ready meals and other crap in aldi. I'm sure this will push prices up overall .

On the upside Xmas stuff us in. Black forest stollen is Fabulous.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 05-Nov-12 21:20:27

Has anyone tried the Aldi chocolate bombe? They've got them in the Xmas stuff and I really fancy one instead of Xmas pudding which I'm not keen on but font want to get it if they're horrible. Have also seen a chocolate pudding in Tesco which is slightly more expensive at £2 but the Aldi one looks more luxurious. Might have to get one to try in advance grin. Was thinking of serving with double cream. <drool>

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 05-Nov-12 21:21:28

Don't, not font hmm

loubielou31 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:32:24

softkittyBuy one now to try before Christmas.
Aldi crisps are fine I had them in our packed lunch today as is the fake Lurpak spreadable, it's called Norpak which made me grin.
The chopped tomatoes in a carton with herbs worked a treat as pasta sauce straight from the carton but on reading the ingredients it contains quite a lot of salt. I thought it was just tomatoes and herbs.
I'm going to update about everything I bought as it gets eaten until someone tells me to stop.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 05-Nov-12 22:47:37

I think I'll do that Lou. Any excuse for a chocolate bombe grin. I also love the word bombe with an e on the end, so will have to give it a try. They also do a salted caramel chocolate version. Decisions, decisions.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 06-Nov-12 08:32:42

The only things I can't get in Aldi I buy smart price or in tescos world food aisle.

If I'm passing anyway it doesn't take too long to nip in.

Check out amazon for catering sized tea, coffee etc.

I found goose fat for half the cost of the supermarkets on there. Free delivery too.

Chopsypie Tue 06-Nov-12 08:57:09

My problem with Aldi is because its so much cheaper I end up buying (and eating) a lot of crap.
Like Disco biscuits. and Apple Studel mmmmmm

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 06-Nov-12 10:53:58

Ok, I finally did mine;

Aldi £40.61
Asda £55.16
Sainsburys £62.66
Tescos £61.02
Waitrose £67.03
Ocado £61.09.

When I used to shop in ordinary supermarkets though I used to buy the cat food from pets at home and that was an extra £10 a week on top of our food.

I was spending £65ish a week 2 years ago in Sainsburys so I cant imagine how much I would be spending if I hadnt started meal planning and having packed lunches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now