Writers! Post here to get the creative writing club reinstated!

(214 Posts)
Psychobabble Tue 02-Sep-08 21:59:24

MNHQ might put this topic back in the topic list if people post here to say they want it, any creative writers around tonight? smile

mankymummy Sat 13-Sep-08 14:03:14

Guess its not such an original theme then Quintessential !!! wink

would love to read your start.... grin

QuintessentialShadow Sat 13-Sep-08 19:32:18

I only have it in Norwegian, lol! grin

I'm back! Everyone seems to have moved on, getting all creative and I feel a bit lost! Had a few nights off, but I'm back to it tonight. Really want to get this finished in time to send off at the end of the month.

teafortwo I thought that was beautiful. The emotions in it are really deep, I can almost fell what the mother is feeling. The only thing I would change is the bits where it says no a beach hut, no a log cabin. I thought it would be cool if you had them struck out instead, like it was a train of thought. Hope you don't mind me saying! blush

How's everybody else getting on?

blush again - feel

teafortwo Sat 13-Sep-08 22:49:23

Charchargabor nice to hear from you.

Thanks for your feedback - I wondered that too and actually Iris does strike things out later and I thought it would match that - Do you know how to strike out on word? So far it just says (crossed out) because I don't know how to do it.

I want it to feel a bit manic. I want Iris to be a bit of a Ruby Tuesday character so the striking out would add to that vibe.

Tonight I watched the film Volver and now feel a little silly trying to write about Motherhood when it is done so perfectly in that film. What has a daft blonde like me got to say about being a Mum? I really can't write anything tonight. The film was too good.

teafortwo Mon 15-Sep-08 10:21:47

So... how are your writing projects going? Anyone mad any big leaps forward this wkd?

Psychobabble Mon 15-Sep-08 11:51:50

hello, sorry been absent. Things are busy here. I don't think this has been added to the topic list yet but we can still keep it going!

I liked your second story tea, I did get the sense that your character was a bit manic, I thought there were some moving bits in there as well.

My story is coming together nicely, I need to bump the word count up a bit but I am pleased with it, I definitely think it is the best thing I have written. I will need to start something new soon but have no inspiration.

Does anyone else keep a writers notebook? I have one that I write in before bed and I'm finding it useful.

matildax Mon 15-Sep-08 13:34:47

i do psycho, its really handy, as some great thoughts come to mind just when im drifting off to sleep, and i have made the mistake of saying to myself, "i will remember that in the morning, and write it down"

i never remember!! lol grin
so the notebook, is my new best friend.

very bust here, getting ready for our week away, hopefully i will get some writing done there. however my course starts 2nd oct, so hoping things start again (writing wise) very soon.
hope everyone else, is having a good day, and are writing future classics as i type!! wink
xx

matildax Mon 15-Sep-08 13:35:45

lol i meant busy!!!! blush
although i am very skint also sad
xx

vonsudenfed Mon 15-Sep-08 13:39:20

So are we going to start a new thread in the new topic, or carry on here? Glad everyone's getting along with the writing. I've been in a bit of a rut, but tonight I am working away! I would like a writer's notebook, I'm always thinking of things when I'm about to fall asleep and forgetting them by morning!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hi Storm. Have you made your organic sash yet? I have been wearing mine around town today, but it's weird, people don't seem to be very receptive to it. wink

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now