Some please give me a kick in the arse.....

(32 Posts)
KerryMum Mon 18-Feb-08 10:38:55

finished the first draft of a novel over 10 years ago. It has been languishing since then, waiting for me to edit, rewrite, etc. It is no coincidence that this coincides with my moving to Ireland, getting married and having kids.

But now I'm wanting to get back to it. Time has moved on and parts of the story, while prescient when written, now are a bit dated.

It's MASSIVE. Over 800 pages.

I'm daunted but desperate to get at it again.

Desiderata Mon 18-Feb-08 12:20:26

A good old-fashioned murder mystery, Kerry.

Right! I'm off to the park with the little man. He's driving me up the wall grin

Try and get something done this afternoon!

KerryMum Tue 19-Feb-08 11:05:18

mouse problem sad

will have to forego commencement of work for a day or two while I murder the bastards and clean up their mess.

Desiderata Tue 19-Feb-08 11:08:08

Murdering the bastards and then cleaning up the mess is pretty much the premise of my book grin

Never mind, KM. At least you don't have snakes!

KerryMum Tue 19-Feb-08 11:09:31

grin

onebatmother Tue 19-Feb-08 11:55:10

Kerry! Don't trifle with me young lady. Two days to clean mouse-shit! Good grief.
I expect your book report on my desk - tomorrow.

KerryMum Tue 19-Feb-08 13:29:23

onebat - I'm a germ phobe. And I keep finding new shit! And I'll have to wash all tins, etc. I got buckets with lids to put grains in. Have to wash those as well (dusty).

I hate mice. sad

onebatmother Tue 19-Feb-08 15:13:59

oh dear. yes they are fuckers, and no mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now