New Talk Topic

(14 Posts)
BigTech (MNHQ) Mon 15-Sep-08 11:31:01

Welcome to the 'Creative writing' talk topic.

Enjoy

smile

ooooh

Thank you very much

<<sharpens pencils>>

<<regards blank page>>

grin

matildax Mon 15-Sep-08 13:47:05

found it!! thanks smile
very happy to have this thread, will be very interesting for us all to help, offer tips and advice AND critisism!! (sp) lol wink to other wannabe writers.
xx

wessexgirl Mon 15-Sep-08 13:47:54

Great!

<writers block strikes>

finknottle Mon 15-Sep-08 13:53:14

Puts kettle on.
Contemplates writing To Do List.
Examines fingernails.
Muses on being 8 billionth failed author to consider writing book on "Daily Activities As Displacement Activity"

Oh, and thanks BigTech smile

Psychobabble Mon 15-Sep-08 19:44:45

oooh thanks bigtech
can I ask why you didn't just resurrect the existing topic which is still floating around in cyberspace here
[confused emoticon]

mankymummy Mon 15-Sep-08 19:47:57

hello. have started writing again.

what do you put in a writers notebook then?

Psychobabble Mon 15-Sep-08 20:04:30

anything you like, you just write! You're supposed to carry it round with you so you can write down bits of conversation you have heard that might give you an idea for a story or dialogue, or ideas that hit you when you're out.

I don't carry mine round, it just sits by the bed. I don't have time to write during the day, so it's handy to have somewhere to jot stuff down, athough mostly it's 'haven't written anything today and there is a big pile of washing to fold!'

meridian Mon 15-Sep-08 22:44:24

hello... the onlything I have written recently is a few paragraphs for the start of a fairy tale.. inspired from a small painting I did awhile ago.. I tend to get distrated easily from writing and lacking in determination to sit down and just write. I do carry a notebook with me at all times though.. becasue you never know...

*scurries back to arts & crafts corner*

nelix2000 Tue 16-Sep-08 13:12:44

ooh this is exciting! I am doing a degree in literature and just about to start my creative writing part of the course!...this forum coulc prove a good place to post!

mankymummy Wed 17-Sep-08 19:00:06

so.. some questions for any of you published authors out there...

- how do you go about getting someone to buy your book?

- how many words does a novel have to be roughly?

- how much money would you receive from a novel?

am in need of inspiration to take up the keyboard again !!!! grin

teafortwo Sat 20-Sep-08 10:53:37

Ooooh - interesting questions mankymummy...

Wot no posts l8ly????

Have people stopped writing??? - No, I know that never happens!

I like the idea of a notebook - I have one for my job and find it does help to organise thought process!

I wouldn't mind starting a writing one too.... BUT The trouble is finding time for these things in The Land of Toddlerdom!!!

So... come on tell us what is happening in your imagination! I bet since Wednesday lots has been written!

Psychobabble Sat 20-Sep-08 14:39:40

Hi tea, haven't stopped writing, just haven't been around much and confused as to why there is a new topic when the old one still exists! Anyway, my story is still being polished.

Manky, I am not published, but I think a novel is usually about 50000 words plus, it is the publishers job to market it and you probably would get paid very little! Not an inspiring answer I know....

teafortwo Sat 20-Sep-08 20:33:46

50,OOO - funny when I read a novel they seem so small. That is a lot of words for someone to write though!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now