I have a character and she is really real

(5 Posts)
MissPancakes Mon 15-Jun-15 19:58:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

getinthesea Tue 16-Jun-15 09:07:42

Just start writing. Any fragments, any scenes that occur to you. The more you write, the more the ideas will come. And then perhaps they will start to join up, but don't worry about that for now, just see what happens!

TenarGriffiths Mon 22-Jun-15 15:13:13

I agree with getinthesea, just write anything about her. Don't worry about whether you're writing well, or if it would make a good story, just write whatever comes and see where it takes you.

Something to think about at some point might be what's the worst thing that could happen to her.

Pedestriana Mon 22-Jun-15 15:23:41

I'm not a professional writer, but have just started on a novel.
For each of my characters, I have a sheet on which I have a picture that I feel looks like them (just did an internet search for [example] "brown-haired 30 year old woman"), and I've got details of how I think they live - home town, pets, clothing, job... other than that, I'm just writing.

I've got a few bits right now that I need to write down as they are centred around an important event which affects the future life of a particular character. She came into being after I had a very clear idea of my 'main' character.

I have spoken to a couple of author friends and they say 'just write'.

HaleMary Tue 30-Jun-15 10:33:35

I would look for a situation or predicament to put her in. What kinds of stories interest you as a fan fiction writer? Keep an eye out in newspapers/history/biographies/tv/theatre for potential plots. Is there a specific genre you see her in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now