How quickly should I get back to agent?

(4 Posts)
drivinon9 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:38:33

Through a competition I entered last year, I was contacted by one of the judges, who is an agent. She really liked the first three chapters and is keen to read the rest. However, since entering the competition I'm redrafting, and it's not ready to send. I emailed her about this in December, and she was fine with this, but I'm wondering if I should get back to her again, or just wait until I'm ready to send it?

I think my manuscript's not going to be ready for two or three months (or longer if it's going to be really really polished).

I don't want to lose this exciting contact, but I don't want to send the manuscript too soon. Any advice?

MooncupGoddess Thu 13-Feb-14 17:49:27

I expect the agent is a) very busy and b) well used to authors taking longer than they said they would. If you gave her a rough date in your December email then drop her a line when that date comes round so she knows where you're at, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

drivinon9 Fri 14-Feb-14 11:11:00

Thank you MooncupGoddess. Good advice.

schmalex Sun 16-Feb-14 06:37:09

Yes, don't panic! Better to send it when it's perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now