I don't know how this is happening but I'm actually writing

(11 Posts)
Nerfmother Wed 08-Jan-14 12:06:52

grin Really crap day off, MH small crash, bored by the while thinking about it (OCD) so decided to distract myself.
Am now two pages in to actually writing the book that has been living in my head for the last few years!

SugarMeFingers Wed 08-Jan-14 20:07:18

Yay, It's great getting it down on paper/screen. Keep on typing.
I've got writing plans for thurs and fri and hopefully will get more done than i have recently

Nerfmother Wed 08-Jan-14 20:18:25

Excellent, how do you find the time? I can't if the dc are around, it's too distracting.

SugarMeFingers Thu 09-Jan-14 10:05:20

Usually in the evenings when the kids are in bed. My DH has friday afternoons off so I'll get a few hours in then.
My aim this year is to finish the novel i started in nov, I'm 54000ish words in so far, but lost momentum over dec.

Nerfmother Thu 09-Jan-14 19:32:17

What kind if thing are you writing? In aiming for 20000 teenage/pre teen .

okthen Fri 10-Jan-14 22:36:45

Feels good doesn't it? Go you!

Since having DC2 14 months ago, I've knuckled down to writing a novel. Having started and abandoned several in the past, I'm determined to finish this one and ignore the voices in my head saying 'it's/you're crap'! Now the goal, for now, is simply to finish it in 2014.

I write when the kids are in bed. It's the only time I can manage it. I write 1-2 evenings a week, 2-3 hours at a time. Once I get into it, time flies.

I'm now 20,000 words in. 10k of those I've written since November, so I feel I'm on something of a roll.

Nerfmother Fri 10-Jan-14 23:05:55

Wow, that's really good. I have loads of abandoned start ups if that helps?
Well done, what's the plan on finishing?

SugarMeFingers Sat 11-Jan-14 11:01:04

I'm writing a fantasy novel. My aim too is just to get it finished! I got 53000 words done in november and then had a break, i'm rereading it at the moment and trying to get back into the story. I write on scrivener and have outlined it all, I've just got to actually write it. My plans for writing thurs and fri did not happen as i decided to rearrange my hallway.

Nerfmother Sat 11-Jan-14 14:24:08

I do that, or I panic that I won't be able to keep it going! Really need to though esp as dd likes it. Might try scrivener, will be more of an impetus them

schmalex Tue 14-Jan-14 16:48:57

I'm a massive fan of Scrivener! You can get a free 30 day trial before you buy.

Nerfmother Tue 14-Jan-14 22:44:22

Cool. Day off Friday, will investigate smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now