Anyone fancy critiquing 1st episode of a comedy?

(8 Posts)

Am looking for feedback on my scriptwriting. I've written a ten-part comedy for TV but I'm really struggling with that tricky first episode.
I'm happy to look at people's mss. in return...
Do get in touch.

gaggiagirl Tue 22-Oct-13 15:20:21

Sounds exciting!. who is your target audience?

bunnybing Tue 22-Oct-13 19:07:44

Hi yes I would be happy to have a look at it. Can you say roughly what kind of comedy?
If you could look at 2 chapters of my mss that would be fab.

It is exciting - until I remind myself how competitive it is out there and how the odds are against me. Still it is fun writing it, and far more fun than writing novels, I have to say!

Target audience, hmm, probably women, mostly, between 20 and 70. Casting my net wide!

Bunnybing, at the moment, its a non-funny comedy. No, er, I don't really know what kind it is. I will pm you with email address.

ImperialBlether Sun 24-Nov-13 21:27:18

Want me to look at it too? I've an MA in Creative Writing, not that that means a bloody thing! I've written a couple of books but have had a go at script writing.

Thisisaghostlyeuphemism Tue 26-Nov-13 11:31:21

Hi Imperial, I've just seen this. Fab. I'll pm you, cheers

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 03-Dec-13 16:52:55

You wrote 10 episodes! envy Congrats.

I've written, erm 3 pages of the first episode. It's like pulling off my nails. I have a 2 week deadline to finish the episode, that includes the re-writes... <falls over laughing hysterically>

All the best with your oeuvre!

Thisisaghostlyeuphemism Sun 05-Jan-14 20:56:49

Hey drinkfeck, how's the writing going?

Did you submit to writers room in the end?

I'm waiting for details of 'the next sitcom mission' - another goal to aim at sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now