Writers Bureau...

(4 Posts)
IronOrchid Wed 18-Sep-13 21:47:29

Anyone started/completed/attempted the Writer's Bureau course? Haven't even started assignment one despite registering over a year ago. Suspect I've wasted a wodge of a dough, but keen to get stuck in so don't feel a complete lazyarse/tit.

Any fellow sufferers out there?

Dunlurking Thu 19-Sep-13 07:45:44

I paid up many years ago pre internet but the hassle of posting everything off, and not having interaction online with other students meant I gave up very quickly. Do you get access to a forum for discussions now?

The course looked good on paper and I still refer to the course material from time to time.

FunnyRunner Tue 29-Oct-13 23:53:54

It was such a scam in my opinion. The good news is you can still write a book and get published without ever completing the wretched course grin

GrendelsMum Thu 31-Oct-13 09:56:44

Oh, I do sympathise. I'm supposed to be doing an online qualification (totally different subject, related to my day job, which may well be the problem) and despite paying up, I have totally failed to do any of the reading, assignments, etc, ever. Meanwhile another friend has conscientiously done the lot, come through with a distinction, and has moved onto the next level...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now