A reminder. - back your work up!

(4 Posts)
GrendelsMum Mon 26-Aug-13 19:54:55

You know it all already, but here's a reminder to back all your work up regularly. My laptop conked out on Saturday morning, and though DH has got it partially running again, I could have lost a lot of working files....

Use Dropbox! I save everything to laptop and Dropbox straight away as I go. Also means you can access your work from any pc, or from my iPad if I just want to read it.

TunipTheUnconquerable Tue 27-Aug-13 08:10:26

Yes.
One of the reasons I switched to Scrivener was because working in Word I had so many different files that a few were slipping through the net and I didn't back them all up. My actual chapters were saved but not all my research notes and thoughts. Then when my computer crashed I had to go hunting around to find the computer's backup versions of my notes files - luckily they were there but OMG the panic.
I installed Dropbox after that and had one incident where I was very glad I had.

Glad you managed to recover it, GrendelsMum.

GrendelsMum Tue 27-Aug-13 14:41:12

Yes, I'm now trying to get Scrivener to auto-save into Dropbox for the ultimate in constant backups!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now