Is anyone on here an editor?

(55 Posts)
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Sat 16-Mar-13 18:57:05

I need some help sad My ms has been rejected left right and centre, even though the agents have said it has great potential. I have 4 beta readers but none of them have picked up the errors that the latest agent has flagged up. It appears that the agents don't have the time to do full edits now so I don't know what to do with it. Would anyone be able to help? Cash flow is an issue at the moment IYKWIM sad

I'm begging. sad thanks

TunipTheVegedude Thu 18-Apr-13 15:19:35

Yes, I can see that where you are at the moment is a horribly frustrating place to be!
Do you think your writing skills are moving forward, though? Because I bet all that rewriting-followed-by-more-rejection, even though it feels like it's just getting you back to square one each time, is improving your understanding and mastery of the writing process no end.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 18-Apr-13 17:38:47

I think so. It's a case of 'doh! Did I really do that' most of the time. It would help if they were pointed out before though IYKWIM. Every time I edit it there's a lot less to do so I'm hoping that it shouldn't take too long, but then again the next agent to read it may pick up on something. I'm also very aware that I'm running out of agents to sub to. I'm hoping the next book doesn't need as many rewrites. smile

TunipTheVegedude Wed 15-May-13 15:15:50

How's it going LadyMary? Have you got any further with working it all out?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 16-May-13 07:33:09

I am an editor OP. I work with scripts generally but I have written short fiction and been published myself.

I will have a quick look...I can't promise that I can read the whole thing or be very detailed but I could read a chapter or two and give you some feedback.

Ullena Fri 24-May-13 20:29:49

I am an assistant editor/proofreader OP, feel free to PM me if you would like me to check the manuscript sometime over the summer. I have time off then and enjoy my work too much to be doing nothing blush

<nerd who needs to get out more emoticon>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now